3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

big bad blizzard machine!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
big bad blizzard machine!

i went out today,had to go to town to the post office-not really,but wanted to run the machine in heavy snow.the truck is a 2003 4 door 2500 short box standard output ;D with a 47re.we are in blizzard conditions today here in colorado.i live on a farm and we now have 3' on the ground and 6' drifts.yhe post office is 15 miles away on a quite 2 lane highway.when i left,i could see the outline of the road.i went another 7 miles to another town,had lunch and came home.we are getting hammered!could not see more than 100' in front of you,cars in the ditch,accidents all over.i got to try out mynew tow hooks by pulling out a 2002 ford powerstroke.what a pal!i was going up from where the highway meets the dirt road.yikes!!!!there was a older dodge 4 by 1/2 ton ditched,people were gone.the snow was over the hood on this thing in a 2 ft. ditch.started going up the hill,keeping a steady pace,watching the reflectors on both sides of the road.snow was up to the bumpers,and fairly wet.keep going,doing great!i stopped by the mail box,got the mail,snow was up to running boards here!went foreward and got stuck! all the snow packed underneath,rocked her back and forth and got out.the tires were just spinning,ice under wheels.kept going,getting worse,drifts up to the hood.hitting them snow flowing over the windshield,couldnt see,wipers on full blast.e-brake light came on.i put my challenger tube steps on today and noticed the e-brake cable along the frame.all the ice and snow packed around the cable pulling back a bit.almost home!3/4 mile left.hit the driveway,and off the road i go,buried it up to the hood.i backed out of the side of the road,kept going side to side trying to keep her in the middle of the road.finally to the garage and in!snow was packed everywhere,underneath,wheels,frame all over.saw the e-brake cable was packed,freed it up.glad she sits up so high,and i wouldnt have made it without the limited slip rear end!this was one thing i told the dealer was a must!the michilen ltx did great.anything else-i would have been walking,no kidding.no other vehicles around here are moving,other than our kubota 120 hp tractor.i moved the wifes mazda tribute out of the garage earlier when i put the boards on,and got the thing stuck 10' out.i love this thing.enjoy!
Old 03-18-2003, 06:46 PM

Re:big bad blizzard machine!

See pics on page 16 (Greg's Ram) Now thats what I call Snow ;D
Old 03-19-2003, 05:54 AM

Re:big bad blizzard machine!

Pappy,<br> Wait a minute, I'll check . . . No, a little rain but no snow ;D ;D ;D<br><br> OK, OK, sorry about the cheap shot. I'm from Colorado so I know about the heavy, wet snows you can get in March and April. You were lucky to get to the barn. I have been stuck on a paved road when the snow was so deep and heavy that it lifted the undercarraige of the truck and the wheels just spun freely. I know you needed the snow but not all at once. Stay home today and enjoy a nice warm fire in the fireplace.<br><br>The Boss Hog<br>( Baking in Florida ;D )