3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Best dealer/deals in UTAH?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best dealer/deals in UTAH?

I've given up with dealing from a dealership in Vegas,as they never return my calls. I want to trade in my truck (see sig) and get a 2004 (555 ft lbs) 6 spd...don't really want the 600 as it's an unknown...everything. Not sure of all the rebates going--what can I expect?. Any dealers in Utah that are straight forward and not looking to rip ya off? I'm in Southern Utah and I can't deal with these good 'ol boys down here, so I want to go to SLC.

What do ya think I can get for my 47RE SO? This thing just doesn't pull like I was expecting. It's OK in the flats, but once I hit a hill I can't maintain any speed. I believe this is due to the tranny. I want the 6 SPD bad....
Old 12-29-2003, 04:50 PM

Hi PADZZ,

My Brother works at Brent Brown Dodge in Provo Ut. He would be straight up on a deal with you. Give Him a call at 801-830-2874. He should be able to hook you up pretty good. I'm not sure what to expect on Trade, but I'm sure he could give you an idea. Tell him Rich gave you his number...............

Rich
Old 12-29-2003, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure on how good they'll deal with you, but. . .

When I got my current truck, I shopped around.
Went to Brent Brown and wandered around the lot for 30 minutes without seeing a single salesperson.
Same thing at Larry Miller.
I was ready to buy, should have flashed some money to get their attention I guess.

Went to (can't remember the name) the one just off the freeway in American Fork, and had 2 sales guys running accross the parking lot to get my sale.
Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I would have got the one I test drove there.

I ended up going to West Valley Dodge (3500 S. and about 4000 West) and had a sales guy appear at my side the moment I stepped onto the lot.
I think I did pretty good dealwise, as I got $2000 more for my trade than I thought I could get, but didn't get a great deal on the price of the truck, but it evened out in the end I guess.

In a perfect world, I wish I would have found this site before I bought mine, I'm pretty sure I could have made a much better deal, maybe even afforded to buy instead of lease.
(I know, I know, don't need anymore Lease talks )

phox
Old 12-29-2003, 05:35 PM

Originally posted by phox_mulder
Not sure on how good they'll deal with you, but. . .

When I got my current truck, I shopped around.
Went to Brent Brown and wandered around the lot for 30 minutes without seeing a single salesperson.
Same thing at Larry Miller.
I was ready to buy, should have flashed some money to get their attention I guess.

Went to (can't remember the name) the one just off the freeway in American Fork, and had 2 sales guys running accross the parking lot to get my sale.
Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I would have got the one I test drove there.

I ended up going to West Valley Dodge (3500 S. and about 4000 West) and had a sales guy appear at my side the moment I stepped onto the lot.
I think I did pretty good dealwise, as I got $2000 more for my trade than I thought I could get, but didn't get a great deal on the price of the truck, but it evened out in the end I guess.

In a perfect world, I wish I would have found this site before I bought mine, I'm pretty sure I could have made a much better deal, maybe even afforded to buy instead of lease.
(I know, I know, don't need anymore Lease talks )

phox
Hey Jerry,

I guess they just can't please anyone..... when I'm looking I personaly don't like to be mobed right off the bat.... 30 minutes would be a bit extreem thought.....

I'm sure My Brother will do everything he can for him.... He should be able to give him a good idea what he's looking at over the phone.

Rich
Old 12-29-2003, 06:11 PM

The Best dealer and or deal is realy subjective. I was between a rock and a hard place and could have been taken advantage of when I bought my last truck in March. I have dealt with most of the dealers in upstate Utah and wound up with an incredible deal from Larry Miller Dodge in salt lake, the salesman was simply the best I have ever dealt with. I will gladly give you particulars by e-mail. I haven't heard any one bragging about getting a better deal than I diid and that includes the year end deals.
I don't have the salesmans name at the tip of my tounge but I would recommend him to any one E-mail = thoma@bigfoot.com
Old 12-29-2003, 06:25 PM

Rich, thanks. What's his name and any other advice? You can PM me that info if you'd like. Do they have a large inventory? I'll check it out on their site I guess. Thanks. My 'Boss' gave me the go-ahead to get this dome. She's a little upset cuz I told her this would be my last truck for awhile...this time I guess I mean it.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did exagerate a little for effect.
I was able to wander around both lots a little bit before I was met by a salesguy.
Never saw one at either LH Miller or Brent Brown.

I've heard nothing but good about Brent Brown, I just got picked to have a bad experience, or rather, no experience there.
I did inform the sales guy here at work that handles the Brent Brown account, so I'm sure word got back to him or his general manager.

I've never felt good about Larry Miller.
I tried his Toyota store when I was shopping around for my last truck and wasn't treated well.
Tried his Dodge store when buying this truck, and again, didn't have a great experience.

All the dealers up here have a pretty good inventory.
I'd just say spend a couple days up here and shop around.
Try them all before you buy.
You could even hit the one in Tooele, I've heard of good deals being got there as well.

phox
Old 12-29-2003, 11:54 PM

I found two of them at Ken Garff in West Valley City that matched my needs. They quoted me a price of about $400 over invoice, not including the rebates. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me. Since they were at wholesale with the Dodge, they offered me wholesale on mine, sight unseen and of course subject to go up or down after they checked it out. Therefore, I decided to try and sell mine first, then start shopping around again. Check them out, though. They called me back everytime they said they would and seemed to be real nice.
Old 12-30-2003, 03:45 PM

If u go a little furter North you can try Dave Smith Motors in kellog Idaho....these guys are supoposed to offer rock bottom pricing and no dickering.....apparantely, they make their money on sheer volume....

http://www.usautosales.com/
Old 12-30-2003, 05:22 PM

Yeah, I've talked to them, but I'm afraid I wouldn't get Jack for my truck.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:08 PM

It is off the beaten path, but I have always been treated exceptionally well at L & L Motors in Roosevelt Utah. It's on Hwy 40 about 30 miles west of Vernal. 435-722-2233 They are a Ford-Mercury-Dodge-Jeep dealer.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:34 PM

Utah Dealers

Padzz,
If you are still looking for a good dealer in Utah, my step brother works at West Valley Dodge. His name is Kelly and you can contact him at 801-955-7448. I bought my truck there after looking at most dealers in Utah and some in other states as well. I negotiated the price of the truck over the internet before I ever went in to the dealer. They sold me the truck at invoice, plus I got all rebates offered at the time. I didn't know that Kelly worked there until I was there working out the deal and I heard them page him over the intercom. I then went looking for him and he handled the deal from then on. I was able to get a family discount because of this, but he treated me great and one guy from my work just bought from him this month and was able to work out a comparable deal. If you want more specifics PM me and I will be glad to help you out. If you call him, tell him Mark gave you the info.