3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Attention all Dodge owners and future owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Lary Ellis (Top);1555295] but then you have Dealers logging on under false names to give themselves glowing recommendations.

QUOTE]

That is sad, but you're prolly right....
Old 06-15-2007, 06:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
With all due respect

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Actually it isn't time to do any such thing on this forum...)
I'm no lawyer (but my brother is)- I can't imagine you getting hung out to dry on this issue. We are responsible for the content of our posts, you get credit (or blame sometimes ) for keeping it clean and productive. As long as dealership experiences were reported in a calm, cool, collected manner- good or bad- and dealers are given equal chance to respond in-kind, you'd be safe. Other forums do it (KTMtalk.com, dodgeram.info, ebay, epinions.com, etc.). We do it here all the time ("The _______ product I bought last week really sux/rocks!" - or something to that effect) and you haven't been sued yet. I really doubt DTR could be held for libel in the case of reporting a bad dealership experience by its members, the opinons expressed on this website are ours, not necessarily yours. A disclaimer to this effect would release you from liability. Just ask my brother.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:14 PM

www.carcomplaints.com
Old 06-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by jwooden
I'm no lawyer (but my brother is)- I can't imagine you getting hung out to dry on this issue. We are responsible for the content of our posts, you get credit (or blame sometimes ) for keeping it clean and productive. As long as dealership experiences were reported in a calm, cool, collected manner- good or bad- and dealers are given equal chance to respond in-kind, you'd be safe. Other forums do it (KTMtalk.com, dodgeram.info, ebay, epinions.com, etc.). We do it here all the time ("The _______ product I bought last week really sux/rocks!" - or something to that effect) and you haven't been sued yet. I really doubt DTR could be held for libel in the case of reporting a bad dealership experience by its members, the opinons expressed on this website are ours, not necessarily yours. A disclaimer to this effect would release you from liability. Just ask my brother.

Good thing you are leaving the legal matters up to your brother You read about websites being sued every other day for content on their sites. The fact is they wouldn't have to find us guilty of libel to still cost us a fortune in defending ourselves.

Plain and simple I choose not to and since it is MY butt in the sling instead of yours...I guess we will just have to do it my way for now I am not trying to be difficult about it, I just don't care how they do things on other sites. This place is the only one I have to worry about.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:33 PM

Good dealer in Florida, Tallahassee Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep. 3 trucks so far and they have always treated me very well.