3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Approx time from D1 to delivery??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 12:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Approx time from D1 to delivery??

My truck just reached D1 today. For those who have been tracking theirs, how long should I expect (approximately) to wait for delivery? I am in So. Calif. so I shouldn't have a lot of the shipping delays you East coast folks have had. I just hope that it doesn't get here before my 45 days have elapsed on the Farm Bureau membership.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread might get combined with the order thread below.

See my post there. My delivery ETA was just pushed back ANOTHER week.

It will be about 6-7 from D1 until delivery for me (as of right now.)

Dawall, also in SoCal got his truck in 4 weeks, 2 days, that was from order to dealer pickup.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:04 PM

Dawall, also in SoCal got his truck in 4 weeks, 2 days, that was from order to dealer pickup.
YIKES! That could end up costing me $500 (joined Farm Bureau on 2/25). Mine took 2 weeks from order date just to get to D1. Hopefully, it'll take about another 4 weeks or so to get built and shipped out to the dealer coming out close to the 45 days waiting period for the FB discount.

Neil
Old 03-08-2004, 01:15 PM

wexman,

I just noticed your truck went from D1 to shipped in about 13 days. Is that typical? I heard that the truck is actually on the line only for 2-3 days, so I suppose that shouldn't surpise me. Maybe mine will take a little longer because all those guys in the queue with the 6 speeds that have been on hold will probably have scheduling priority over me (assuming FIFO order processing). I was really hoping to take advantage of the FB discount, but now I wonder. It will have to take 30 more days to delivery for me to qualify.

Kinda ironic. Everyone else can't wait to get theirs soon enough and I'm worrying that I'll get mine too quickly. Some people just can't be satisfied .

Neil
Old 03-08-2004, 05:14 PM

NJ, I think the truck is only on the line for a matter of hours. My dealer ETA is now 3/22 (although that seems to get pushed back at any time), which will be 9 weeks and 2 days after I ordered.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:24 PM

Wexman,

Thanks for the update. Hopefully, mine won't take quite as long as yours, but then again it doesn't have to make the trip to the East coast either. If I get it earlier than the 45 days (actually 47 days because I didn't join the Farm Bureau until 2 days after ordering), I'll just celebrate having gotten it sooner than expected . . . and cry a bit about losing the rebate.

I noticed from your sig. that you got the 4.10. Are you planning really big tires or do you tow heavy?

Neil
Old 03-08-2004, 05:42 PM

Neil -

I may go up to 315 tires. I had 4:10s in my 97 V10, with the 47RE auto, and I liked 'em. I have 3:73s in my current ride, but that's with the low 6-speed gearing. If I had gotten the manual again, I would have taken 3:73s. Besides, I went with the Offroad Package, and 4:10s are standard.

Scott
Old 03-08-2004, 08:54 PM

NJMurvin,
Well, I ordered on 1/14, went D1 on 2/6, then went D1 again on 2/27 where it still sits today. I'm not sure what the heck is going on but from the looks of it, I'm figuring late April before it shows up at my dealer. So much for thinking that being close to the border means getting the truck faster. Hopefully your's won't take as long as mine is.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:03 AM

jlasich,

Well, I ordered on 1/14, went D1 on 2/6, then went D1 again on 2/27 where it still sits today.
Maybe yours was held up because of the 6-speed. If you ordered that far before me, I'd say yours will be up for production before mine, but who knows how they decide the order in which trucks get queued up? Hang in there. I have a feeling they're gonna start cranking them out.

I wish was taking delivery in El Cajon. I'd schedule a tour of the Taylor Guitar factory while I was at it.

Neil
Old 03-09-2004, 12:14 AM

wexman,

I may go up to 315 tires. I had 4:10s in my 97 V10, with the 47RE auto, and I liked 'em. I have 3:73s in my current ride, but that's with the low 6-speed gearing. If I had gotten the manual again, I would have taken 3:73s. Besides, I went with the Offroad Package, and 4:10s are standard.
I struggled with the decision between 3.73 vs 4.10. I tow only about 3 weeks a year (moderate sized 5er of 10k lbs) and started a thread here to get opinions. The consensus of opinion was to get the 4.10 only if you go to larger tires or tow really heavy stuff. If there was one item that I might have second thoughts on, this would be it. Then again, the Ford SRW is not even available with 4.10 and our engine is more powerful than theirs. I hope I'm happy with the 3.73 because to change them after-the-fact is very expensive.

Neil
Old 03-09-2004, 06:39 AM

went D1 on 2/6, then went D1 again on 2/27 where it still sits today. I'm not sure
That is odd. How can you go D1 twice? Were you the guy who ordered one truck, then changed your mind about gearing, and ordered another? Or was that someone else?

D1 means they had all parts. So, what's the story now?
Old 03-09-2004, 10:09 AM

I ordered mine on 1-28 04 and it went D1 on 2-27 04 and is still there today. Is seems that you may still be okay with your Farm Bureau rebate. Good luck.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:36 PM

Maccandy,

I ordered mine on 1-28 04 and it went D1 on 2-27 04 and is still there today. Is seems that you may still be okay with your Farm Bureau rebate. Good luck.
Sounds like you're right. But, I gotta stress over SOMETHING, don't I?

Neil
Old 03-09-2004, 08:28 PM

Wexman, no that wasn't me. I haven't changed a thing on this order and it doesn't make any since how or why I went D1 twice. Maybe someone at the factory misread the order sheet and thought that all parts were available and then later double checked it and realized that all the parts weren't available. I really have no idea what's going on and haven't bothered my dealer or DC Customer Service about it because I know they won't be able to tell me anything either. It has been tempting though. I have also noticed on Insight and on this site that there are many more trucks with the same D1 date as mine. Perhaps, like NJMurvin mentioned, they're going to be cranking them out pretty soon now.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:47 AM

Originally posted by wexman
Actually some do say Northern California only begins North of the SF Bay Area... we live on Mt. Diablo so I guess maybe we do live in S. Cal.

Dan
BTW, the truck is worth the wait.

Quick Reply: Approx time from D1 to delivery??