3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

? for anyone with a sub box under back seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
? for anyone with a sub box under back seat

I want to put a stealthbox under the back seat. It would be on the passenger side. I want to put an amp under the back seat also but there's only about 2" clearance at the lowest point. Who has mounted an amp under the back seat and where exactly did you put it? What model of amp?
I was thinking I could put spacers under the seat to raise it about 1/2". Can this be done or is the back of the seat attached to the cab?
Old 09-18-2008, 10:17 PM

for ease of install and access for tuning, i prefer to put amps under the front seats.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:21 PM

I already have an amp under the drivers seat. I don't think there's room under the passenger seat with the jack?
If I could find an amp under 2" in height I wouldn't be concerned but that's not the case so far.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:22 PM

ditch the jack- problem solved!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:26 PM

Have you put an amp under the pass. seat? Aren't there some type of brackets there for the jack that would be in the way? I'll have to look at that.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:55 AM

the next thing i'll be throwing money at on my truck will be a JL 250/1 amp, which i'll be mounting under the pass seat to power my 10" JL Dub 1 sub. for the past 6 months or so, i've been using the bridged rear channels of my JL 300/4 to power it, and just running the rear 5.25" speakers off deck power.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:57 AM

I have my amp under the pass. seat, just remove the jack and that pretty much cleans the area right up, no problems yet. In fact, if you want to get fancy, you could build a bracket where the jack mounts and bolt the amp to it. I actually had a bracket made to put 2 amps under there and it was all set to go, but then my second amp failed and after that I lost interest.

As for spacers under the back seat, I did this as well. I just wanted a little more clearance for the sub to "travel" before it hit the bottom of the seat.

EX of the amps:

Name:  DSC02255.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  59.2 KB

Name:  DSC02254.jpg
Views: 1261
Size:  81.3 KB

The one on the bottom is a 4 channel I was going to run door speakers with and the one on top is a 2 channel I was going to bridge and run the sub with.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:03 PM

Thanks for the pics. I'm sure I could make some type of bracket to hold the amp.
what kind of sub box do you have. Do you like it?
Old 09-19-2008, 05:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was a beta tester for the Probox dual 12 box. They also make a single in ported and sealed. Very solid built box and you can get them loaded or unloaded. I have since moved on to a L5 15" Kicker. I have bothe of my amps mounted under the front seats. I also have the navi gyro modultor under the pass seat, plenty of room. I just unbolted the seats out, not a very hard task, and then screwed them down to the truck.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Chapter President

15"!!!!!! dang dude how did ya do that?
Old 09-19-2008, 06:56 PM

Well its not exactly rear seat friendly, but I usually know if someone will be riding with me so I just put it up in the house. But yea he's pretty much my big brother! Had him for a couple of years now!!!! His bass ain't muddy either, I got an Epson Center!!!!

Name:  DSCF0380.jpg
Views: 1438
Size:  129.1 KB
Old 09-19-2008, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by rip 112
Well its not exactly rear seat friendly, but I usually know if someone will be riding with me so I just put it up in the house. But yea he's pretty much my big brother! Had him for a couple of years now!!!! His bass ain't muddy either, I got an Epson Center!!!!

dude, that's crazy!!!!!! are you hiding your TOM plaque in there??????
i guess now's the time to do it, 'cause one day you'll need that space for booster seats.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by rip 112

I sure hope you live in a secure area cause around here that thing would have been gone before it was fully broken in...
Old 09-19-2008, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by chipmonk
dude, that's crazy!!!!!! are you hiding your TOM plaque in there??????
i guess now's the time to do it, 'cause one day you'll need that space for booster seats.
TOM plaque? What plaque? It may be quite awhile before I get any plaque from what I've heard. Yeah one day I'll grow out of it.

BroncoHound, I live in a pretty secluded area, if I didn't have my own property and grow up in this area it probably wouldv'e been taken. Sad thing is my truck has been broken into and the big beast, clear as day wasn't touched at all. They actually found it more appealing to rip my screen and leave the rest of the radio there.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:30 PM

Sounds like the thieves around here. I had a JL 12w6v2 in a Fisher Customs sealed enclosure with a 500/1 and 300/4 and the crossovers to my RE XXX components mounted to the enclosure stolen out of my old '99 ZR2. They busted both the x-overs, left the comps, busted the faceplate when they yanked the H/U, destroyed the imput jacks to both amplifiers, and pieces of the woofer cone were in the carpet in the truck the next morning. Not a single piece of what they stole could have been reused without extensive repairs. It didn't do them a **** bit of good but cost me about $2K to replace. I sometimes think people around here get bored and steal just to have something to do. Unfortunately for them, the next time it is tried with anything of mine, their families will have something to do the next day...shop for a coffin. I don't aim to wound.

Quick Reply: ? for anyone with a sub box under back seat