3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Anyone install seat heaters? Leather Seats/Cold Mornings = Sucks.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the Rostra seat heaters from GENO's. I installed them when I took my cloth seat covers out and installed the ALI leather covers. I just don't have them wired up yet. Just today I had my floor console out and everything, but decided I didn't have enough time to complete and didn't know for sure where to run all the wires. I'm thinking now it might be just as easy to run power from the battery to a fuse block then go from there to the seat heater modules. I have never attempted this much wiring before so if anyone has tips let me know.

If I get time this weekend I'll attempt it again and let everyone know how it turns out.

The wiring diagram that came with the heaters shows a green wire going to an ignition source, I was thinking I would tap into a source (Cigar Lighter??) that is only hot when the ignition is on, would I still need this green wire connected to an ignition source???
Old 11-08-2007, 08:31 PM

Angry

Living in Houston I guess I just don't understand the need for seat heaters. I don't think I have ever even used the heater in my truck at all. Now if anyone knows where I can find a seat cooler that would be nice it is supposed to be 85 tomorrow and humid and no matter how long the ac blows my back and butt still sweat.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:57 PM

I am happy to report that the install of my factory seat heater switches with my aftermarket seat heaters works great. When I tried them the other night, I did not start the truck and the heaters took forever to heat up. I drove the truck a couple times this weekend, and the heaters warmed up after only a few minutes. Must be from having a couple more volts when the truck is running.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by j2mk
I am happy to report that the install of my factory seat heater switches with my aftermarket seat heaters works great. When I tried them the other night, I did not start the truck and the heaters took forever to heat up. I drove the truck a couple times this weekend, and the heaters warmed up after only a few minutes. Must be from having a couple more volts when the truck is running.
So it did have a few more volts when it was running . That's good this is the way I want to do it.

If you don't mind me asking how much did the controls cost? And did you have to take the seat covers off to and seats out to get them installed?

Great tech thread, hope this helps some people out.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:19 AM

The factory seat heater switches cost around 75.00 at the dealership. I installed the seat heaters when I installed the my leather seat covers. I did not need to remove any of the seats to get the seat covers on. The seat heaters I picked up on ebay for 140.00 shipped for the pair. When I get some time, I have thought about doing a tech write up with factory part numbers. I have had a hard time getting the factory bezel for the switches and if I can help somebody with part numbers I know it could save them a lot of time.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:12 AM

Switches

I have a set of Dodge Factory switches for an 06 with the panel they fit into. Trucks for sale so I wont need them. I have 115.00 in them and will sell them for 105.00 delivered to your door.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone install seat heaters?  Leather Seats/Cold Mornings = Sucks.-heater-switches-001-600-x-450-.jpg   Anyone install seat heaters?  Leather Seats/Cold Mornings = Sucks.-heater-switches-002-600-x-450-.jpg