3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Anyone have any experience with the Speedway Performance Flares on Ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 09:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the Speedway Performance Flares on Ebay?

I'm looking to add flares, because my gravel road traveling is killing my lower body paint. I like the look of these flares, and especially like that the body line is molded into them.

Ebay ads not allowed on DTR

Still, I'm afraid such a low price means that overall quality, fit, and installation may be lacking. I so plan to paint them to match. I also plan to put ventureshield or some similar applique on the paint before installation to protect the fenders from rubbing as well.

Any input would be great.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a very similar set I bought for around that same price. Mine have a little rubber strip between the flare and the body that was the biggest pain of the installation. They have some chintzy clips that go where there are no factory holes but you can just get some of the body clips and drill the holes yourself. (I still have to do this on mine)
Old 01-21-2014, 03:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pulled the trigger and ordered a set since they are so cheap. They look and feel just like some of the name brand ones I've seen and attach pretty much the same way (couple tabs for stock mounting points, plus some self-tapping screws and the typical strip of 3M double sided tape). This set did not have any cheesy clips- and since my factory mopar mud flaps needed self-tapping screws, I won't complain about these needing them too loudly. No rubber "gasket" type contraption for the edge that goes against the paint- which is good. I'd rather protect that area with 3M VentureShield.

They get painted sometime next week- and installed shortly thereafter. I'll update the thread w/ pics when it's done.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:22 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Ebay ads still Not allowed on DTR