3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Anyone dealt with Lou Fusz Dodge?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 07:12 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone dealt with Lou Fusz Dodge?

... In KIRKWOOD, MO?

Just wondering, he is on my list of possible places to buy when I am ready to pull the trigger. I'm looking at pretty much no haggle, below invoice without a trade.

Also, anyone have any good experiences to share with any large volume (low price) dealers. I am not looking to go west of the Mississippi if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-27-2006, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By shopping around locally, I got within a few hundred bucks of what Dave Smith in ID and other “out of state low price” dealers quoted. I got a few quotes and took them to local dealers and found one who would deal. When I figured in the cost of a trip to get a truck from out of state I was actually money ahead to buy locally.

Rebates and incentives were up to around $5K last time I looked and may even go higher if the inventory doesn’t go down. You can also go to ebay motors and search for an ’06 Ram and then sort by mileage (lowest first)….the low mile listings will be dealers who sell on the ‘net. Find the closest to you and email them with what you are looking for.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:25 PM

Send a PM to Tomeygun - I think he's still able to work deals... And he's just barely West of the Mississippi :-)
Old 06-27-2006, 11:31 PM

When I bought my 06 I called Dave Smith in Kellog Idaho and got a quote. I then waited to the last day of the month ( I am a firm believer in the last day of the montrh) and called three other dealers and asked to speak to the sales manager. I explained I was looking for a "No Hassle" Deal. Paying cash just wanted to know what they would sell a truck for. The sales manager of a small dealer that was 90 miles from home said " I need to sell three more vehicles today to beat the store record, if I do that I will get a bonus, drive here and see me and I will make it worth your time". I drove the 90 miles and he beat Dave Smiths price by $500.00.

The point I am trying to make is check the rebates, financing ect.. Become as familar with them as possible. Call one of the large dealers in your area and get a quote. Then on the last day of the month (it has to be the last day of the month) decide how much money you are willing to part with and approach three or four dealers. With the number you have decided upon present an offer and be willing to walk away if they don't meet your number.

It worked for me, good luck.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:52 AM

I got my truck from them. I had an 2001 H1 trade in and told him what I wanted for it. He called back 2 weeks later with an offer 1000$ less than what I wanted, but made up for that with 1000$ off in Chrysler finance. Found the Dodge on ebay, no haggle, good to deal with. Tomeygun, did you ever see that black H1 soft top come though the store?
Old 06-28-2006, 08:08 AM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by Stock 99 CTD
When I bought my 06 I called Dave Smith in Kellog Idaho and got a quote. I then waited to the last day of the month ( I am a firm believer in the last day of the montrh) and called three other dealers and asked to speak to the sales manager. I explained I was looking for a "No Hassle" Deal. Paying cash just wanted to know what they would sell a truck for. The sales manager of a small dealer that was 90 miles from home said " I need to sell three more vehicles today to beat the store record, if I do that I will get a bonus, drive here and see me and I will make it worth your time". I drove the 90 miles and he beat Dave Smiths price by $500.00.

The point I am trying to make is check the rebates, financing ect.. Become as familar with them as possible. Call one of the large dealers in your area and get a quote. Then on the last day of the month (it has to be the last day of the month) decide how much money you are willing to part with and approach three or four dealers. With the number you have decided upon present an offer and be willing to walk away if they don't meet your number.

It worked for me, good luck.
I'm not a cash customter, so my last minute buying power might not be a useful as your's. My credit is sweet, and I will have approx. $4K down.

Anyone know what the typical "hold-back" is on these trucks? I am seeing that more and more now, they will sell a certian percentage under invoice and still make enough money to make it worth while.
Is it in the thousands?
Old 06-28-2006, 08:44 AM

Top Notch!!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:51 AM

I have posted this serveral differnt area's. If you dont need to trade something in, check CARMAX out. They have 2 dodge dealers, One in CA and the other is in Orlando. I went to look at A laramie QC 4x4 CTD SB, stickered at 47K their price 35K, You want to see their full inventory, go to dodge.com my zip is 32925, carmax will be the 4th dealer down. As far as trade ins, they are hit or miss. They have more CTD than what is on their carmax page. There was a recall, they told me it was the front blink or something that didnt meet DOT specs and that they can have anyone of them finished in a day.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:46 AM

Yep, I bought my truck from Tomeygun at Lou Fusz and I couldn't be happier! Probably had to be one of the best new-vehicle buying experiences I've ever had. Tom is a terrific guy to deal with as is the entire team at Lou Fusz. Tom got me a much sweeter deal than I could get anywhere in my area. He's a straight shooter and no hidden surprises, just a great guy to deal with. I'd highly recommend buying from Tom and Lou Fusz.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:07 PM

I used Fighting Chance website to make my purchase. Has to do with Faxing several business and then letting them give you their best offer, therefore you never have to go to the Dealer to do anything except sign paperwork.

Kevin
Old 06-28-2006, 02:29 PM

I just bought my signature truck at Royal Gate Dodge in Ellisville on Manchester. It stickered for $44,345.00. I got an employee discount plus $4000.00 in rebates...paid $33,877.00 for this beautiful truck.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:37 PM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by skydiver41
I just bought my signature truck at Royal Gate Dodge in Ellisville on Manchester. It stickered for $44,345.00. I got an employee discount plus $4000.00 in rebates...paid $33,877.00 for this beautiful truck.
It true there are NO 3500 SRW STL Long Beds?

No one has them, or weren't they ever produced. I see plenty of 6.5's??
Old 06-28-2006, 04:46 PM

I have one but I had to order mine. They told me 4 to 6 weeks...5 weeks later it was here. My salesman's name was Dave Smith.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
It true there are NO 3500 SRW STL Long Beds?

No one has them, or weren't they ever produced. I see plenty of 6.5's??
I have one... there were 4 or 5 on the lot when I bought mine.