3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Anybody seen Taupe interior?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 09:24 PM
jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody seen Taupe interior?

How does it look, I remember one guy mentioning it looked pretty good, just tired of the same old dark gray.
Old 11-16-2002, 11:27 PM

Re:Anybody seen Taupe interior?

Taupe is a warm tone, somewhat of a deerskin. My 2003 has Taupe interior. Looks great, goes good with Almond, Red, Green White. Darker than a tan.
Old 11-16-2002, 11:35 PM

Taupe! <br><br>What the heck is that? The top half of my cab interior?<br><br>I have the hmmm, what do you call it, anyway, the dark color. Mine came dark on the bottom and light &quot;taupe&quot; on the upper side.<br><br>I suppose you people are gonna tell me yours are all taupe, or the &quot;other dark color&quot;<br><br>Am I weird to have a half and half color interior or what?<br><br>Curious Hunter
Old 11-16-2002, 11:49 PM

Hunter, mine is all Taupe. Seat cushions have Taupe as main color with contrasting geometric pattern, otherwise carpet, dash, headliner all the same. <br><br>Go to: <br>DieselTruckResource.Com| General | Other | Topic: Here's One for Hunter <br>
Old 11-17-2002, 06:33 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote from Hunter:
&quot;Am I weird to have a half and half color interior or what?
Curious Hunter&quot;

Let's face it man, you are just weird.

Mine is taupe - - just shades of taupe - - light taupe, darker taupe, just taupe. Any color the CFO can not figure out, she calls it taupe. It is a joke between us. I stop her in mid track when we look at something and tell her it is taupe. To her everything just about is taupe. :P

TaupeBob
Old 11-17-2002, 07:05 PM

FiverBob, my wife likes Taupe interior. She says I made a good choice of Taupe as color goes good with the exterior Lt. Almond exterior color and the Sierra mud which gets tracked in on the floor mats. When Sierra mud dries it almost matches Taupe. On my 98 Ram had Agate interior with lt Taupe headliner, Sierra mud didn't go well with Agate floor mats, didn't match. 2003 is color coordinated throughout. <br><br>Hunter would you like interior color better if they had called it &quot;shade of buckskin&quot;? Forgot seats with &quot;fawnskin&quot; to contrast.<br><br>Mount them rifles in the window. Looks good with Taupe. Mist Gray or Camel Tan sound so boring.
Old 11-17-2002, 07:34 PM

Sierra,<br><br>You are sure right on that Almond with the &quot;TAUPE&quot; interior. It is very nice. I just wish they would have shot mine almond. No go on the dually. Figure that one out. Stupid.<br><br>Do they make taupe guns to match the taupe interiors? : All good pickups should have matching guns in the rear window.<br><br>TaupeBob
Old 11-17-2002, 09:58 PM

Does anyone else have the dark slate gray interior here?<br><br>I am curious if I am the only guy with an M and M type truck, or would you call that a T &amp; G?<br><br>Now I am wondering as headliner etc. is taupe and rest is dark slate gray!<br><br>Bob, if I were you, I really would got that new color, Light Almond or whatever it is, my neighbor got it on his 2002 1500 wussy truck. Awesome color! <br><br>Hunter
Old 11-19-2002, 09:34 AM

Hunter,<br><br>You are correct - - the Almond is really a pretty color. I waited for six weeks for DC to accept my order. Almond was listed as an available color in the early stages of ordering. They did not accept, so white was second choice. I like it, but not as much as the almond. Oh well, can't have everything we want, but sure fun trying. <br><br>Bob
Old 11-19-2002, 11:33 AM

It's a nice color but hard to match, and I notice that Duplicolor makes every color for 2002 and 2003 except Lt. Almond.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:48 PM

I have the dark gray. It is gray on the lower and tan on the upper, just as you described.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:42 PM

What Color is Taupe?
Straight from the hosses mouth, Mr. Webster says,
&quot;Taupe a brownish gray&quot;

There can be Light Taupe, Medium Taupe, and Dark Taupe.
To say that the enterior was Taupe would imply the interior was decorated with various intensities, shades, of Taupe from light to dark. If the interior had only one shade or intensity how boring that would be. Contrasting shades of the same color has been popular with home decorators for many years.

Ispose Mr. Webster could be wrong if Taupe is a grayish brown
Old 11-19-2002, 11:22 PM

Badunit<br><br>Thanks man!<br><br>I thought I was going crazy!<br><br>Or more crazy then, knock it off Bob, just go have your white ghost painted almond ;D<br><br>Hunter
Old 11-20-2002, 12:48 AM

Hunter said, &quot;... knock it off Bob, just go have your white ghost painted almond.&quot; <br><br>FiverBob, You would have a one of a kind 3500 duallie Lt.Almond Pearl Clearcoat with HO Cummins and 6speed towing a 5er. <br>
Old 11-20-2002, 12:29 PM

Hey, if I have to paint it, it will be a one of a kind. <br>How about some purple pin stripes to go with it - - should look real good with them three shades of &quot;taupe&quot; interior. ;D<br><br>WhiteBob and stuck with it.

Quick Reply: Anybody seen Taupe interior?