3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Any one had problems turning off the seatbelt warning?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any one had problems turning off the seatbelt warning?

I followed the steps in the book to turn off the seatbelt chime didn't work, had someone else try it just in case i didn't do it right, still didnt work. So my question is how do you turn this thing off besides actually wearing your seatbelt?
Old 12-29-2005, 11:09 PM

Is this just for the older gen trucks? My 03 dosen't chime at all. It just displays a warning on the console. Although it would probly be a good idea that it did ring cause I hardly wear mine.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:57 AM

i could never get mine to work either...i just plug the center lapbelt into the drivers side receptacle.its under the armrest where you cant see it anyways............bama
Old 12-30-2005, 07:27 AM

I must have tried to turn this thing off 10 times according to the manual. It doesn't work , although i'm sure I can run by the dealership and they'll take care of it. For now I did the same thing as BAMA, just buckled the center seatbelt. If somebody does know, please post it.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There are numerous threads on this topic and the bottom line is, you need to keep trying and do the unbuckle/buckle step exactly 3 times and not "at least" like the book says.

Just keep trying, you'll get it.

Another option you have is to install a jumper wire between the two seatbelt wires under the driver's seat. This will make the truck think the seatbelt is always buckled.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:34 AM

i tried mine a bunch of times with the manual but couldn't get it to work.there was a thread on here about it and i got it to work following the instructions there. do a search and you should find it
Old 12-30-2005, 09:04 AM

Smile disable chime and light

All you need to do is unplug the wire connected to seatbelt and put a small piece of wire across the two prongs and plug it back in.This will disable light and dinger and still leaves you the choice to use or not without the middle seatbelt digging you in the side. oh ya worked on my 2003/2004.5 and 2005
Old 12-30-2005, 09:22 AM

I did what the book said 10 to 20 times and no luck. Someone posted their procedure on here a few months ago and it worked the first time.

Edit> found link https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=69089
Old 12-31-2005, 01:40 PM

I found that I was "plugging and unplugging" the seat belt too fast during the 10 second window. Once I slowed down that process and did it exactly 3 times, the program change was accepted.

I always wear the seat belt while driving anyway, plus, it's a primary offense here in California. But the main reason I disable the audio alert is because while on a job site or in my company yard, I've been known to move the truck around without wearing the seatbelt. But once you exceed 5 MPH the audio alert comes on and won't silence for 96 seconds. It got to be pretty annoying. Ken
Old 01-02-2006, 11:40 AM

Did mine yesterday after reading about it on this site. Tried 3 times before it took.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:35 PM

Talking

Get in the truck, do not put the key in the ignition.
Buckle up.
Put key in ignition and start truck.
Unbuckle; buckle exactly 3 times in the first 60 seconds, ending with being buckled up.
Turn truck off.
Unbuckle.

Works like a charm.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:06 AM

It takes all of 3 seconds to put it on and take it off, and is not that uncomfortable to wear. Even if you are backing-up a trailer or moving it across a parking lot, just get in a habit of wearing it all the time.
My son took his seat belt of one too many times and ended up being killed instantly when he ran off the road and rolled his vehicle. He was thrown from the vehicle onto the highway where he died. The State Police said if he was wearing his seatbelt, he would be alive today.
There are too many cars on the roads today and too many distractions. You never know when you are going to have an accident.
I don't want to spark controversy or debate, but unless you like living on the edge, you may want to consider wearing it.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry for your loss 1stdodge.... but your right, no need in starting a debate on morals of seatbelts. All 00turbo is looking for is the tech help available here at DTR.

I did mine the first try. Make sure your door is shut when you do this. Follow the steps in the manual to the T. And it should work just fine.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:11 AM

I couldn't get mine then I just went through the procedure without starting the eng. and it worked
Old 07-23-2006, 09:33 AM

Mine worked like a charm the first time I tried it. But, my wife's 06 Cherokee seems to be able to ignore everything I've tried.

Quick Reply: Any one had problems turning off the seatbelt warning?