3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Another big decision...what color?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another big decision...what color?

Hey guys, just looking to get more input from those who've already done all this stuff. What color did you pick for your truck and why? And are any of the new colors more durable than others? Color means alot to me and I'm gonna keep this truck for alotta years so I gotta like it... alot. It took me several months once to pick a color for my chevelle I was restoring and I changed my mind about a dozen times. I love black but hate to clean it. I like the silver alot... but I'm leaning towards the deep molten red pearl. I haven't even seen it in person yet (which I should before I order) but I saw a guy who goes by "Alltork" I think on this site or tdr and it just blew me away. Any advice?
Old 04-30-2004, 07:26 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
I have had the almond on three vehicles and find it is the best for not showing dirt.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it means anything to you silver cars had the least accident rate of all car colors in the USA last year (according to "statistics" take with a grain of salt).

Of the 3 cars I bought new, I picked the color based on whatever was in stock... which was red, then blue, now silver. I like silver a lot.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:13 PM

Red

I am going with Flame Red!

For a vehicle I think it is best to stick with the basic colors. I personally would avoid "fad" colors. Remember the teal green craze a few years ago???? GM made many vehicles in teal green and now they all look dated. At least in my opinion.

But black, sliver, white, real red, etc never go out of style. They are the stand by colors. The big Rams look very sharp in Silver. And silver is easy to keep clean. Kinda makes me wonder why I didn't get silver! But a big diesel in bright red with all the chrome just makes me happy. So that is what I wanted!

Good luck!
Old 04-30-2004, 09:30 PM
Banned

WooHoo!!! My first post here!

As I just went through this today. I'm going with the white as the atlantic blue pearl is unavailible on the 3500 , which would have looked great with all the chrome and shiny plastic on them as will the white.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:35 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Choose Bright White.

Comes in really handy if you're on an interstate (or other roads) under construction.
While you're at it, buy a couple of orange reflective worker's vests and a yellow strobe light.
Amazing how you can blast on thru construction sites with a white truck and the appropriate attire !
Don't ask me how I know.
Greg
Old 04-30-2004, 10:25 PM

I've owned red, black, patriot blue,white and now a new color for 2004 deep molten red. It blew me away too. Alltork
Old 05-01-2004, 12:36 AM

Location: Eagle, Idaho. Please set your watch back 20 years when entering.
Why limit yourself to just one color? Mine has five! Check out the photo in my gallery.

100 Proof
Old 05-01-2004, 12:36 AM

Lt almond pearl metallic the perfect color............
Old 05-01-2004, 01:34 AM

BLACK
Old 05-01-2004, 04:12 AM

After having three black trucks I finally wised up and bought one that didn't show every single little scratch - I went with silver. Black would be great for a car, perhaps, or a truck that never sees offroad and never gets used as a truck. Scratches, even slight ones of the clear coat, show very prominently on dark colored vehicles and black is the worst for it. Black looks wonderful if it is new or meticulously maintained but looks like hell when it isn't (and it's hard to meticulously maintain the finish of a truck when you use it as one). White is the best for not showing scratches but white is also the color of construction trucks (as pointed out already). Silver was the next best thing to white for hiding scrathes so that's what I went with. I've been very happy with my decision.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:35 AM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I got white with the silver accent lower panel. While white can look a little plain jane, with nice wheels and the accent it looks very nice. Also, white is the coolest temperature if you live in warmer climates. On a very hot day in the direct sun my truck is mildly warm to the touch. The clear coat should last longer on white than any other color too, because of the lower temp. My blue Dakota paint was starting to fail at about three years.

Wetspirit
Old 05-01-2004, 02:05 PM

I too say brite white
Old 05-01-2004, 02:41 PM

Black looks awsome...but only for a few minutes, then its time to wash, dry and buff out the water spots again! And then there is the heat thing...black is one hot color in more ways than one!!!
Been there, done black and it's just too much for me! (At least thats the way it is with all the dust in my area!)

White looks great all the time & its very coool.... but the wife said if she's going to let me spend 40k on a vehicle it isn't going to look like every contractor/ranch/farm truck around....

So a Silver Sport it was!!! And I have to admit althought silver wasn't my first choice.... it does look fantastic!

(Then of course every other color I see on these new Dodges makes me drool too... if the wife would only let me buy just a couple more.... )

Defdog2
Old 05-01-2004, 03:12 PM

defdog do we have the same wife??????? (statement about white vehicles)

this is also my 3rd black truck and its a pain in the butt to keep clean.
i really like the silver or the red. never again blac!

Quick Reply: Another big decision...what color?