3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Amp Research Power Step

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint has wore off the driver side some other than that they have been flawless .
Old 10-04-2006, 03:47 PM

I like mine. BUT. When i got them in the mail they didn't send me the wireing harness. I called them and they sent me the harness and it took about a week. Had my mechanic install them, come to find out they sent me the old style harness when i had the new motors. I called them up and i got the right pgtails a week later, meanwhile i was driving around with my steps hanging down.

They worked good for a few months then the passenger side started working intermitenly. That sux because my girl needs the step more than i do. So after a month of that i called amp. they told me to check for power and tap motor with hammer. It worked so they sent me a new motor. Well a month later the passenger side started working intermitenly again. it is a big problem cuz my girl neds it. So i swapped the motors to give myself the defective one. Unfortunately i havn't had a problem since.

I hate electrical gremlins! I don't regret the purchase at all.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:03 PM

I went to my guy's shop today and he told me the AMPs are generally problem free, but when there is a problem a phone call is all it takes to get it remedied.

I need steps but I hate to spend $1200 on them. But I'm a picky SOB and don't like the typical nerf bar. I like the N-Fab steps but hate how they just mount to the bodies pinch weld. That cheesy to me.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:08 PM

I've had mine for about a year now, and consider them an excellent investment. Completely trouble-free. Cool factor is way high when first timers open the door.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
I went to my guy's shop today and he told me the AMPs are generally problem free, but when there is a problem a phone call is all it takes to get it remedied.

I need steps but I hate to spend $1200 on them. But I'm a picky SOB and don't like the typical nerf bar. I like the N-Fab steps but hate how they just mount to the bodies pinch weld. That cheesy to me.
<- In the same boat....

I just cant justify THAT much just because I want it to fold up and away, I may just end up making a set when I get some time since I havent seen any current nerf bars that I think look good...
Old 10-04-2006, 09:02 PM

I ordered mine for my truck in addition to the 2" extension bracket so it will be very easy for my Dane to get in and out, as well as my fiancé.

I should have them in next week.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Their is a guy on Craigslist selling a set of those brand new in the box pretty cheap
Old 10-05-2006, 12:15 AM

AMP Boards

I was in the same boat, as I don't like the tube steps either. These have got to be one of the best purchases I ever made, no regrets! If any of you would like, I can take some pics under the truck.

wksaz
Old 10-05-2006, 12:31 AM

If the Amp steps are to pricey take a look at the Kodiak Sidewinder steps. I have them they are about $200 a piece. I love them and they also have the cool factor for anyone that sees them come down when the doors open.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:45 AM

ive had my amp steps for 2+ years, they are great. no problems.

"chicks dig em"
Old 10-05-2006, 09:21 AM

I have a medical condition so Dodge helped pay for a little over half of mine . I do not know if it would apply to any of you but thought I would mention it just in case .
Old 10-05-2006, 11:04 AM

Best addition to my truck other than my KORE Chase System!
Old 10-05-2006, 01:18 PM

I always help my wife in, plus its an excuse for a cheap feel thats she never seems to mind.......hahaha
Old 10-06-2006, 12:07 AM

I initially choked over the price, but now, having had them on there and in use, I don't care what they cost. They are much more useful than a nerf bar..........they come out further, lower, they are flatter, and you can step on them anywhere you want. My wife has had 3 surgeries on one knee and the Amp Research steps make it easy for her to get in our truck. Great for my kids too.

I highly recommend them. If price is the only thing stopping you from purchasing them and you CAN afford them but just aren't sure if you should...........just do it........you won't regret it!!
Old 10-06-2006, 07:54 PM

They are a really good product. I wish my company truck had them on it! We have a couple with them on and I am almost ready to bring one home and attempt a swap! They do come much lower than my mopars and my pregnant wife has been after me to change them!

Quick Reply: Amp Research Power Step