3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Air Ride Question(ride Is To Bouncy)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by supersonictoys
try reducing your tire pressure
Totally agree. Brought mine home on a 200 mile trip and rode like a dream. First thing I did was check air pressure...45psi in all six tires. Followed door post and put 65 psi in all...rode like a tank unloaded. Reduced rear pressure 5 psi at a time and could notice a definite difference each time. Have her now a 65 front-50 back unloaded. Air 'em up when towing. Cheap fix.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Banned

the kelderman set up is cool and the people are very nice! i had it in the front of my 03. it is just a very complicated setup that has to be done right. they are also designed to have i think at least 4 inches of lift to work their best. its also very expensive (reason i never did the rear of the 03).

there are 4 main (non air)dodge aftermarket suspension makers. carli, kore, lorenz, and don thuren. the first three will sell you a kit that is set up on how they like to drive they decide what your truck should ride like and most of them like to go all out in the desert jumping things and such. they have heavy springs and stiff shocks to handle jumping and wild off roading but do not give the best on road ride or mild trail ride. they offer around 4-5 "kits" and you pick depending on price and bling factor. same springs just fancier shocks and more extras that come with the higher level kits.

call don thuren! he will set you up with what you need to get your truck to ride the way YOU want it to not some Baja racers idea of a good ride and be about half the price of a full on air ride system.

I just did a thuren setup on my truck. I wanted a better ride but only wanted to raise the front 1.5 inches and keep the back stock height (try to get that from the other guys) and wow what a difference!! at least talk to him. its really nice to have choices.

to clairify choices i mean not only shock size or valving but also spring rate and ride height and you can do the front only at first or just spings or just shocks. do what YOU are comfortable with
Old 08-26-2007, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Cobra909
Totally agree. Brought mine home on a 200 mile trip and rode like a dream. First thing I did was check air pressure...45psi in all six tires. Followed door post and put 65 psi in all...rode like a tank unloaded. Reduced rear pressure 5 psi at a time and could notice a definite difference each time. Have her now a 65 front-50 back unloaded. Air 'em up when towing. Cheap fix.
I know that on my truck's (2007 2500) door is that it suggests using 50 front 40 rear when light/unloaded.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tire presure makes all then difference in the world. he is obviously running around empty with tires hard as rocks. duallys are even worse .
Old 08-26-2007, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by metalaram
there are 4 main (non air)dodge aftermarket suspension makers. carli, kore, lorenz, and don thuren. the first three will sell you a kit that is set up on how they like to drive they decide what your truck should ride like and most of them like to go all out in the desert jumping things and such. they have heavy springs and stiff shocks to handle jumping and wild off roading but do not give the best on road ride or mild trail ride. they offer around 4-5 "kits" and you pick depending on price and bling factor. same springs just fancier shocks and more extras that come with the higher level kits.
Perhaps you could do a lil more research before making recomendations Your stiff springs comment is incorrect,as well as desert jumping.
Carli as well as others have systems designed for many needs not just racing.The best system I have ridden in on Cali freways has been the new Carli Bilstein 7100 system.Not designed for desert racing but a very controlled and comfortable ride.

I would also like to add my desert shredding suspension works awesome trail driving too.

Bob
Old 08-26-2007, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by metalaram
Originally Posted by bob4x4
Perhaps you could do a lil more research before making recomendations Your stiff springs comment is incorrect,as well as desert jumping.
Carli as well as others have systems designed for many needs not just racing.Bob
What Bob said.

Before I ordered my systems, Lorenz talked with me about how I will be using my truck & what type of terrain I would be using the truck then he valved accordingly. Not only systems for your needs also valved for your needs.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:31 PM

Tallon Air Ride

Has anyone tried a Tallon air ride susspension?

http://www.talon-usa.com
Old 08-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Banned

geez i guess i can not have an opinion that is different than anyone Else's.

i don't want a brand war and i really don't care who's suspension anyone runs.

Bob two things. you are a dodge mechanic and i would not question you about mechanical issues but your opinions on these suspensions are just that YOUR opinions not the end all any more than mine. were you not big on kore a while back? now its carli. will it be lorenz next year?

oh and are your air bags really Baja proven?

jtnm. yes you are Lorenz's biggest fan you give them a real world beating and the results. but just like with bob why is your opinion so much better than everyone Else's. and lorenz springs come in i think 6% and 23% over stock is that not stiffer??? and will he change the ride height if you want to upgrade your suspension but still get the truck in your garage?? Kore's springs are stiffer than stock too. and they wont change anything for the average joe.

these things ALWAYS get stupid! same with auto trans wars ETC. i should have known better than to get involved. i will keep my mouth shut from now on and let bob do all the talkin.

P.S. even though i dont exactly agree with either of you - both of you guys do have nice looking trucks!

Last edited by metalaram; 08-26-2007 at 05:52 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 08-26-2007, 07:21 PM

oh and are your air bags really Baja proven?

Yup! just ask all the pre runners and chase trucks I passed or the dead race trucks I pulled.

Bob