3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Air bags and wheel well liners

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air bags and wheel well liners

Hello All

I am planning to install wheel well liners and would like to know if I will need to cut them for clearance when I install Firestone bags. Or do the bags mount inboard of the leaf springs? Thanks
Old 04-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Banned

the ride rite 2299s mount on the inside of the frame so there should not be any problems

brett
Old 04-17-2007, 05:43 PM

My air lift brand airbags also where inside the springs. Highly recommend them, very easy install and liked the brackets better than the air-rites.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Banned

I was wondering the same.... Good to know... Next mod on my list after this tow..

Old 04-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Banned

i know what you mean shane. i hated it when my truck sagged or even when its not level. only thing is when i have about 50 psi in them and im unloaded, i cant reach my cooler in the bed

brett
Old 04-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
i know what you mean shane. i hated it when my truck sagged or even when its not level. only thing is when i have about 50 psi in them and im unloaded, i cant reach my cooler in the bed

brett
No cooler axcess??? If you had a real truck You'd have room for it in the back seat... OOOH who's your daddy..

Yeah I hate em saggin..

Shane
Old 04-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
No cooler axcess??? If you had a real truck You'd have room for it in the back seat... OOOH who's your daddy..

Yeah I hate em saggin..

Shane
ya ya you got me good. only thing is its easier to get nailed for an open container when the cooler is in the cab with you. when its in the bed all you have to do is dispose of the evidence.

brett

note: do not drink and drive it is against the law and irresponsible!!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:41 PM

The bags will fit good, they use the factory bumpstop mounts.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Banned

brett

note: do not drink and drive it is against the law and irresponsible!!
Best advice given out!!! I still like your truck, even tough it's smaller.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by triplenickel
The bags will fit good, they use the factory bumpstop mounts.
Anybody got pics with wheel liners? Wait just thought about that you wouldn't see them Ok Give it to me brett.. I walked into that one..

Maybe pics from the inside???

Shane
Old 04-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Best advice given out!!! I still like your truck, even tough it's smaller.
well thanks for the compliment. i think you manvan is pretty sharp also...and i get plenty of remarks about how big it is ...oh yeah

brett
Old 04-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Banned

well thanks for the compliment. i think you manvan is pretty sharp also...and i get plenty of remarks about how big it is ...oh yeah

brett
Besides I am evnious.. I want a jakeBRAKE..... You need to drive to Idaho and take me for a test drive.. No one here has them..
Old 04-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Banned

if i did it over again, i would probably get the pacbrake. im disappointed in the jake when trying to slow my boat. unloaded the thing is awesome, but just doesnt do much loaded. besides with the auto my rpms are never very high to get alot of braking hp. id probably like it better if i had the g56 just becuase i could manually downshift to the higher rpms. was it worth the $1k +? probably not, but it does sounds cool and they are not very common...at least till everyone has a new 6.7

brett
Old 04-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Banned

if i did it over again, i would probably get the pacbrake. im disappointed in the jake when trying to slow my boat. unloaded the thing is awesome, but just doesnt do much loaded. besides with the auto my rpms are never very high to get alot of braking hp. id probably like it better if i had the g56 just becuase i could manually downshift to the higher rpms. was it worth the $1k +? probably not, but it does sounds cool and they are not very common...at least till everyone has a new 6.7

brett
I have been leaning toward the pac also. D.wiggs and Pauly have been helping that cause. I also like the onboard compressor... Have to see what Larry can do for a fellow DTR'r...

Shane
Old 04-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Banned

he gave me the chance to score one pretty cheap. i ended up finding one on ebay thanks to member charrhartfarmer for like 730 bucks to my door for a brand new in package jake. i couldnt turn that deal down. pauly and david are pretty pleased with their pac from what i hear and the onboard air would be nice. i was concerned it would be enough to run what i wanted so im getting a 15lb co2 tank to run air tools and what not. no more lug wrench for this guy

brett

Quick Reply: Air bags and wheel well liners