3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

aftermarket nav/dvd players

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesbfishin
tinbanger

How do you like that 205 so far, I've been looking at that for my next purchase. Is it easy to use, does it fit well?

well the deck was nice, kinda simple for the money, wish there was a little more too it for the money, ya know... that being said, the blue tooth is garbage! unusable, the person you call gets a horrible echo.

so i had the poineer, didn't like the dvd while driving hassle and cheesy nav, had the alpine installed and the BT issue and the nav is way better, but cost 600 dollars EXTRA?! it sticks a ways out from the dash, not very clean.

so i have the kenwood, its the anwer, DVD while driving, one wire ground instead of switch buisness. really nice Navi system, turn by turn direction, you can enter in an address and it will finish the name for you, its very fast and easy. it also hasa dual sectioning( thats not the right term...) my daughter can witch dora and hear it on the rear speakers and we can listen to the i pod , radio or take a call, tyhe blue tooth works really well. no complaints, just compliments. i use about 3500 mins a month and alot of those are in the truck so i needed the BT to be safe.

anyway the 7100 is the best deck by far, large screen, looks clean in the dash, easy to use nav!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:57 PM

tinbanger,

Any pics of the DNX7100 mounted in your truck? It looks great in my wife's 4Runner but I'd like to see how it looks in our trucks. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2008, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
tinbanger,

Any pics of the DNX7100 mounted in your truck? It looks great in my wife's 4Runner but I'd like to see how it looks in our trucks. Thanks!

i will have to take some and get them posted up. maybe tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:18 AM

Right on.....thanks!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:38 AM

I don't think it is legal but I just grounded the wire you are suppose to hook up to the parking break with my amp ground.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by tinbanger
well the deck was nice, kinda simple for the money, wish there was a little more too it for the money, ya know... that being said, the blue tooth is garbage! unusable, the person you call gets a horrible echo.

so i had the poineer, didn't like the dvd while driving hassle and cheesy nav, had the alpine installed and the BT issue and the nav is way better, but cost 600 dollars EXTRA?! it sticks a ways out from the dash, not very clean.

so i have the kenwood, its the anwer, DVD while driving, one wire ground instead of switch buisness. really nice Navi system, turn by turn direction, you can enter in an address and it will finish the name for you, its very fast and easy. it also hasa dual sectioning( thats not the right term...) my daughter can witch dora and hear it on the rear speakers and we can listen to the i pod , radio or take a call, tyhe blue tooth works really well. no complaints, just compliments. i use about 3500 mins a month and alot of those are in the truck so i needed the BT to be safe.

anyway the 7100 is the best deck by far, large screen, looks clean in the dash, easy to use nav!

Thanks for the feedback man, the Alpine 205 was on the top of my list, but after what you said and the fact that I have a local Kenwood dealer right up the road (can't be bothered with doing these things myself anymore) I might have to go the Kenwood route.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:14 AM

OK here it is i think....

Old 01-04-2008, 12:17 AM

and another " "

Old 01-04-2008, 02:29 PM

for all the pioneer guys here is a site for all your needs. Every question and hack you need.
www.avic411.com
Old 01-05-2008, 06:47 PM

I just grounded the wire on mine to be able to play dvd without the e-brake.