3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

After 9 weeks, I picked it up today!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After 9 weeks, I picked it up today!!

Hello everybody...... Its official..... I am a CUMMIN'S owner!!

I ordered it on April 15th, they called me last week to say it was in, and now its in my driveway. I'm happy to see I got the metal intercooler tanks, improved door seals, and other little things hear and there I wasn't expecting. I also got the dual climate controls, and adjustable pedals, at no extra charge.

I drove it home for about 45 miles, no wind noise from the door seals, and overhead climbed from 4.9 mpg to an average of 18 mpg highway. I am really happy with that since the truck hasn't even started to break in yet!!

One complaint I have is I think I'm gonna pull the Chrome Mopar tubes off, truck seems to be begging for diamond plate!! Anyone interested in the tube steps, feel free to let me know. I will also put up a post in the classifieds.

The only thing I gotta get used to is letting it idle down, I'm so used to my gasser when I just back it in my driveway, and shut it down.

I think for now, Im just gonna gut the intake tube for some extra air, maybe the silencer ring will get yanked too. (I love the whistle!!) The only add ons for now will be some gauges and a full set of diamond plate steps and flaps.

I will put up some pics soon, All in all, Im happy so far, although I only have 82 miles on it so far!!
Old 06-18-2005, 07:18 PM

I am interested in your mopar step bars. EG@insertkey.com. Let me know a price, I will arrange shipping I live in Delaware.

Dan
Old 06-19-2005, 09:24 PM

Unhappy

WOW, After 79 views, not even a congrats or a good luck Boy... I really feel the love.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We just figured that you would not be able to post because you'd be driving for all you're worth!!!!

Absolutely congrats!!! Nobody here expected to hear from you for at least a week!!!

I know I did'nt!! LMAO!!!

Rick
Old 06-19-2005, 11:43 PM

Congrats on the new truck.. I don't know how you do it.. I STILL love driving my truck, and go for joyrides all the time, and Ive had it for a year. I know that when I bought my truck, I couldn't stay out of it.. so I guess we are all suprised that you are here watching the forums instead of driving HAHAHA..
Scott
Old 06-19-2005, 11:48 PM

Thanks "runamuk" I put 150 mi on it so far. Went to Englishtown NJ today for the summer nationals. I Cant believe for a diesel, how quiet this thing runs! My father is in love with my truck, I gotta hide the spare keys!! I dont put much milage on my vehicles. Im lucky this truck will have 40,000 miles on it by the time its paid off.

I'm really liking it so far. Now Im waiting for the man in the Big Brown Truck, to deliver my fold-a-cover.

Thanks for the congrats again
Old 06-20-2005, 12:25 AM

Congrats again
Old 06-20-2005, 08:51 AM

Congrats also.

PS don't gut the intake tube
Old 06-20-2005, 11:18 AM

AHHHH, Now I feel good, thanks for the Congrats everyone!!!

"Lightman" why are you against gutting the intake tube??

just got my Fold-a-cover this morning, cant wait to put it on.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:23 PM

Badd Dogg - I also ordered my truck and waited and waited - what a joy to finally have it eh??! That is great.

I've never heard of anyone gutting their intake tube with any favorable results - but by all means I'm not the final word! Realistically you're not going to gain any power even with the high quality aftermarket air intakes that are available - they are strictly for convenience of filter maintenance and reducing EGT's. You can go ahead and drill holes in your airbox etc, but it's my guess that you won't see any benefit other than more noise and dirt.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:13 PM

Bad Dog- First...congrats. Welcome to the dark side. Second...change your signiture.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:29 PM

Yes. Congrats. Like you, I am just out driving all the time. Only owning mine 2 months and have knocked up 6300 miles going nowhere, just around the local places I cruise to. Heading down south though in one month to move Step Daughter and looking forward to that so much. Wife said her car (2005 suby forester, 30 mpg) or my truck (2005 2500 qcswb, 18 - 21 mpg). May cost me a couple of more $$$ for fuel but not much and would rather be styling in comfort they dragging my butt in her car. So looking forward to it in a big way.

Now, just too track down some people from NC or VA to say howdy do when down there.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:44 PM

I was wondering if theres any gatherings in the NorthEast area?? I live in Staten Island. It would be nice to meet a few other CTD owners and B.S.

The only complaints I have about my truck is......... S.I. Is too friggin crowded to drive around and enjoy it , any where you go, you cant drive any faster than 30 mph, and if you go on the x-way, its bumper to bumper from 7am to 9pm. Now this truck is making me want to sell my house, and move!!
I had a knot in my stomach from day one, saying to myself, "I'm gonna hate bringing this truck to S.I."

Had it 4 days, got 150 mi, on it, trying to plan a trip to Jersey, and spend the day and enjoy it.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:57 AM

Badd Dog, Congrats on the new truck. Come on out to Texas, plenty of roads to drive with little to no traffic. I put 150 miles on mine the first day! I put nearly 30K on mine the first year just enjoying the ride and ya, I can't stop grinning either.

Quick Reply: After 9 weeks, I picked it up today!!