3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

AFE intakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up AFE intakes

Just wanted to let you guys know about the customer service with AFE. I had a paint peeling problem on my Proguard 7 Stage 1 intake and the rubber connections to the torque tube were cracking. Sent them an email with pics of the problem and they sent me a brand new Proguard 7 intake and new connections with no questions asked.

These guys are great with their customer support, something you don't find too often these days.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:40 PM

You are having better luck with AFE than I am.
I have the AFE Pro Dry drop in filter. When I removed it for cleaning I noticed fine dust on top of the filter.
The filter is not sealing properly with the stock top filter housing.

I sent e-mail photos to AFE and the company in which I purchased the filter from explaining and showing them the issue. Both said it would be looked into.
I have since sent follow up e-mails and have yet gotten a reply.

Good luck
Boris
Old 03-05-2008, 04:26 PM

Boris,
I sent you a PM with the contact info of the guy who took care of me at AFE.
Larry.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:35 PM

I sent AFE a question about flow and under hood engine heat as discussed in TDR recent issue 59.My question was that way back when I bought a AFE Stage 1 with pro guard 7 filter.Now back in 03 when I purchased such it was said that the factory set up did not flow enough air/poor cfm and the Stage 1 was the cats meow.Now I read where using the AFE Stage 1 because of under hood location and HOT air that you loose about 5% efficency over the factory setup including a defueling issue/turbo cooldown.Effecting fuel mileage/turbo cool down etc.I asked if I needed to remove their system that I think I paid over $300 for and go back STOCK. For better/fuel mileage and performance & filtering.Any how I got a canned reply about drivers being differant,no claims to increased fuel mileage with their product etc.My reply was a link to some of this discussion from a forum asking them what their take was on the subject.That was two weeks ago and so far nothing further from them(AFE).