3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Advice on soft tonneau cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on soft tonneau cover

I want to get a soft roll up tonneau cover. I have diamond plate bed rails on my truck. It's a 2004.5 quad cab short bed.

Purpose is just to help protect groceries and luggage mainly. I also pull a gooseneck and want to roll it out of the way easily. I do use my truck so firewood isn't out of the question but for now I have another truck for that.

Which would be better one that mounted on top of bed rail or inside of bed rail? What brand? My rails do have 1 small hole in them from the previous owners toolbox. I just noticed tonight that I have the inside or top of bed rail option.

I've looked online at the low profile access and a truxedo brand. Figured I'd get at 4 wheel parts.

Thanks
Dave
Old 03-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Advice on soft tonneau cover-yp9kdsv.jpg

Hey, I work for the company that makes ACCESS Roll-Up Covers. We are sponsors on this forum and I would love to help you with any questions you may have.

Is the rail hole in the top or side of the rail? If it's in the top, you'll want to find something to plug it if you want an inside-the rail cover like ours. If nothing else, fill it with a bolt, a nut and 2 washers. If it were my truck, I'd get some eye bolts and create a tie-down point.

If you want to order a cover directly from us, we're offering them for 15% off right now. Also, if you type TURBO in the promo code box at checkout, we throw in a bonus item for DTR forum members.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:03 AM

Thanks for the reply. I really like the access covers. I think mom and dad are getting me one for me birthday.

thanks,
Dave