3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Adding and removing "character"

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have removed dents from similar bumpers in the past....the crome always seems to come off and then rust....you pretty much have to remove the bumper and set it in some sand to get the dent all the way out...IMO it will look as bad or worse when all the crome flakes off and rusts...save urself some time and agrivation and get a new bumper or better yet put some more dents in the one you have!!!!

Beat trucks and bent bumpers are MUCH more effective for merging in traffic than turn signals!!!!! A least where I'm from!!!!!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got some "character" on my rear bumper as well. Makes me every time I look at it, b/c like yours, totally self-inflicted.

I've went back and forth on how I was going to repair my character. I was opting to try to hammer it out then just spray line both bumpers to match my rockers.

Well last week I decided just to forget it... I'm ordering Tough Country front and rear bumpers. I'll sell the dented thing on eBay and be done w/ it. Maybe I can get $75 out of it -- I've seen ones with more character than mine sell for $75!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:28 AM

[QUOTE=JMalone;1302335]
I've went back and forth on how I was going to repair my character. I was opting to try to hammer it out then just spray line both bumpers to match my rockers.
QUOTE]
Off subject, but...How is the rocker panel liner working for you? Is there a distinct edge at the top or did they taper it to avoid the lip? I was considering doing this as everytime a dead bug hits the rockers i get a new chip.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:48 AM

After receiving some "character" dents in my rear bumper from depth perception impaired drivers, I put my ball and hitch back on. Case closed.

A few dents are normal wear and tear on a truck as far as I'm concerned, especially the self inflicted ones. It's the ones from someone else that get me ticked. I wouldn't bother with making the repairs or replacing the bumper unless it was fairly major. Just my opinion.