3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Adding fold-flat load floor if it wasn't ordered?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding fold-flat load floor if it wasn't ordered?

I know I have read about it somewhere ???, but what's involved with adding the fold-flat load floor if your truck did not come so equipped? I have the opportunity to pick one up pretty cheap, and would like to have it if it can be retrofitted easily... Not having the two trucks side-by-side to investigate this matter, I figured I'd start here. Thanks!
Old 09-25-2003, 06:57 PM

Re:Adding fold-flat load floor if it wasn't ordered?

I'll be interested in the responses on this myself. I'd love to have that fold flat option.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:28 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

Great option!!!. I use it almost daily.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:56 PM

This was discussed on this board earlier this year, you might try a search. As I recall it is doable if you have the premium seat option.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:10 AM

I love mine as well.

My gasser does not have the option and I considered adding it. While at the dealership fighting over body plugs, I looked at the sticker on a new truck.

It lists the option at $1100. I alsmost fell over. It is very nice, but worth $1100?
Old 09-26-2003, 11:19 AM

I would certainly hope that adding one wouldn't cost $1,100! Perhapse finding one in a wrecked unit is the way to go, that way you can see how it comes out and makes it easier to install. ???
Old 09-26-2003, 12:10 PM

I built my own. Cost me about $20. 1/2 sheet 3/4" MDF, 3 heavy hinges, and some indor/outdoor auto carpeting. Actually like mine better as it is really for my dog, and with the metal one he would be sliding all over the place, and getting his nails caught in the holes. Plus mine is easily removable with out tools if I want, and fold up under the seat just like the OEM one.

I can take pictures and send measurements if anyone is interested.

-dan
Old 09-26-2003, 12:35 PM

Yes please post them....Thanks...
Old 09-26-2003, 12:40 PM

I second the motion. Please post the pics and measurements. I bought my truck from stock without the fold flat system. I asked about adding it in. Parts guy quoted me over 2 grand to buy all of the pieces. Said it might be cheaper in the future if a complete system made it into the mopar catalogue.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:27 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

TWZMYJP, Click the link below for a photo. I have leather which probably has the same brackets as premium cloth. The load floor bracket attaches to the front bolts of the seat bracket. Hope this helps, Mike.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Another one...
Old 09-26-2003, 01:35 PM

Ok, I will take pictures tonight, and I have the measurements at home. I will post by Monday

d
Old 09-26-2003, 10:54 PM

Mike,
Thanks for those photos! The brackets you have are quite a bit different than mine from what I remember, but I will have to check for sure. A buddy of mine is trading his in, and I told him to swing by my place on the way to the dealership because I want that floor!! Maybe I can swap the entire backseat setup easier than just that floor option? I'll let everyone know if it goes down this weekend...

Dan,
Looking forward to seeing your setup, too. As this is mainly for my dawg as well, you bring up some good points. Food for thought...
Old 09-27-2003, 04:15 PM

TW-I'm pretty positive it's a simple swap, having looked at mine; raises the rear seats about 1 1/2". You do need premium cloth seats to do it. Like Mexstan, I use mine almost every day. I was blown away when I saw this option, and my buddies are too when I open the back door and start pulling out 800 lbs of (dry) tools!! The option on my '03 was listed at $500 I'm pretty sure, and I remember telling the salesman it was worth twice that ;D. The deal was already signed of course. Good luck. BTW if your friend can't give you his, check salvage yards on line. Unfortunately someone must've totalled one of these babies by now.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:34 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

Got curious and checked the window sticker off my truck. It shows "Storage - Folding flat load floor" $100.
There are no other references to the fold flat floor anywhere, so presume this is it. That $100 has paid for itself many times over.

Quick Reply: Adding fold-flat load floor if it wasn't ordered?