3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

ACDELCO Balljoints??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACDELCO Ball joints??

Normaly I never consider ACDELCO as a good source for aftermarket parts but perhaps I should I rethink that. Has anyone used ACDELCO ball joints? Judging by the pictures (and high prices) from the rockauto website and others, it looks like their ball joints look beefier than the competition. The Spicer offset ball joints look strong but oddly their standard ones look like the standard stamped steel construction. Looking at the ACDELCO website I read this:
Upper and Lower Ball Joints
Precision-machined housing allows for advanced technology and low-friction bearing designs that cannot be used in a stamped housing. The result is easier steering and better return-to-center
Case-hardened housing provides a harder and deeper bearing surface for increased strength and durability
Polyurethane boots help resist cracking, splitting, and dry rotting, while eliminating contamination that contributes to premature joint failure
Advanced corrosion coatings help provide the best possible protection for the harshest conditions
They are more expensive than the Spicers, but if they are stronger / made to last longer it's definately worth it. Anyone have any experience with their ball joints specifically? I'm thinking I should order a set for comparison since the other companies working on HD ball joints can't even guarantee they will have anything this decade.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My ball joints were replaced at 47K with AC Delco joints, but at only 55K now, I can't say one way or the other, only time will tell. I can say that the guy who owns the shop that did the install told me he used them because they were one of the best, in his opinion.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
AC Delco parts have always been great in my opinion. Hard to beat, especially around GM truck circles. I am not talking about hardcore aftermarket. But its just like how the Mopar OE brake pads and rotors for our trucks are hard to beat, so are the AC Delco parts.