3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Accident this Morning- Poor, Poor FORD

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AkitaSumo
From what I can find quickly on line, suppose to be working , $100 for a first offense going up to $500. The real kicker in impoundment of the vehicle and suspension of your drivers license.
Wow i wish. Its a 2500 dollar fine here no matter how many times you get caught. I think after 5 times its 30 days in jail plus the fine.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:53 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by xraydodge
Uninsured motorist is for the case that someone is driving your vehicle and they are not on your auto policy, like letting a buddy drive your truck.. Your vehicle will have to be covered under your comp and collision. Your deductible will apply and depending on the company will more than likely affect your rates.
Nope, Uninsured Motorist Property Damage (UMPD) covers your truck when some uninsured idiot hits it, regardless of who's driving your truck. It doesn't cover hit and run damage, however due to potential abuse. I'm not sure if those claims affect your rating with your company, however. That's why you carry high deductibles. Its counterproductive to make low dollar claims There's also "Underinsured" coverage, and the same for bodily injury.

Insurance is on the vehicle, not the driver, so unless your buddy is within an age exclusion or has no license, he's covered by your policy.

Now, maybe there are some specialty assigned risk policies for horrible, drunk convicted, or ticket-prone drivers that disallow others to drive the truck. I don't know that.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:06 PM

Ah, it'll rub right out.

What's up with traffic in the south bay lately? It's been a mad house on the roads.

Over the years, I've been rear-ended on five separate occasions, and only once has the person been insured. What's up with that?

garrett
Old 02-04-2009, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jumper is correct, under/uninsured insurance covers you when the other guy's insurance is too little or nonexistant. It saved my butt literally! A goon with minimal coverage hit me and my gf head on. It broke my femur and crushed my kneecap along with internal injuries. My gf had some broke ribs and bruises. Lets not even talk about the truck I was driving or the guys truck.

MY under-insured coverage actually ended up paying for most of the damages. Pretty sad though that he hit me and wasn't able to come close to covering the damage he caused. What a loser!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:38 PM

Damage looks like it should. The ford introduced the front of it to the rear of the dodge. Momentum, energy and mass always trumps brand loyalty. Rearend a truck of your choosing and prove me wrong. Every collision has a certain amount of energy to disburse, you figure out the rest...don't substitute brand, not a quantifiable variable.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:21 PM

here in kentucky one has to produce insurance BEFORE ya can register a vechile--most states should be the same--glad ya didn't get hurt!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:30 PM

Most states are like that. Doesn't mean people keep the insurance going after they register it.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:34 PM

That is like it is here too. The problem is they just stop paying for it right after they get the registration...Found additional damage today where the bed jumped up and hit the back of the cab. Now the whole bed has to come off. Should be getting the estimate from the shop tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by AkitaSumo
and they say "built FORD Tough"..., now I wonder what would have happened If I had on an aftermarket rear bumper...ummm
It was a F-150, now if he woulda got hit by an OBS F-250 or so... well...
Old 02-05-2009, 01:28 AM

Glad no one is hurt. Yep, you will now be part of the 'unlucky' drivers group with the insurance company.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:12 AM

Glad you are okay. You have to be able to accept things like this as a part of life or go crazy.

Wonder how much damage you would have had if you had an aftermarket bumper? I guess this will be a good opportunity to upgrade to one.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LongRanger
Wonder how much damage you would have had if you had an aftermarket bumper?
My buddy had a way overkill custom rear bumper on when he got rear ended and there was no damage at all to the body or the bumper, it just bent his frame and the truck was totaled without a scratch on it....
Old 02-05-2009, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by bradler
My buddy had a way overkill custom rear bumper on when he got rear ended and there was no damage at all to the body or the bumper, it just bent his frame and the truck was totaled without a scratch on it....
Ouch...

That is terrible...

What kind of truck?

Was it welded on?
Old 02-05-2009, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by bradler

Crumple zones are your friend.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was a 12v CTD. He welded the entire thing together with some weird tail light protectors and shackle mounts. Might have been welded to truck but not sure. Afterwards, alignment showed thrust angle was way off and they found the frame was bent.

Originally Posted by tslewisz
Crumple zones are your friend.
Very true, truck damage aside, the shock delivered to the passengers was much worse with no give in the bumper....

Quick Reply: Accident this Morning- Poor, Poor FORD