3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Accessory, gauges, CB mounting ideas

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accessory, gauges, CB mounting ideas

There is not a lot of space to mount accessories in this truck, compared to my 01. I can mount the brake controler under the steering wheel, but what about the rest of them? Years ago, when I was a kid, my dad had a Dodge 1 ton van. He had an overhead console mounted in the van for his cb radio, speakers, and light switches. My question is, has anybody done this to their truck, or seen a truck that has been done? If so, where and how much was it, and does it work with the trip computer? Here is why I ask, I need to mount the following:

CB radio

4 gauges- oil psi, fuel psi ( plus toggle switch for pre and post filter), boost/egt, dual temp ( transmission/transfer case)

5 rocker switches - Rear bumper lights, headache rack forward facing, headache rack rear facing, red lights, strobes

Or does anybody have any ideas?
Old 01-21-2011, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think if you wanted a tray in the headliner, it wouldnt be a problem too dismount the overhead computer and lengthen the wires to put it in the bottom of the tray, the problem would be finding mounting points for that much weight. I relocated my hvac controls to above the mirror so i could get all the vital stuff in the center console. also, as long as you are tall enough to see over it, having the CB on the dash doesn't block any of your field of view, it just covers up part of the hood. If you have an automatic, you have a lot more options. also, if you don't need to have constant eyes on any part of it, that gives you a few more options. Recently a guy was talking about mounting his CB lengthwise btw the jump seat and the passenger seat, which is a cool idea, you just can't adjust while driving.