3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?

hey guys im lookin at an 07 2500 with the 5.9 in it and i was wondering how much nicer is the laramie over the slt... is it worth the extra money, i know it has leather but i dunno what else thanks for the help guys
Old 07-06-2008, 11:34 PM

The question with the Laramie is what does it not have. Mine is an 06 and I have just about everything, no sun roof tho, personal preferance. I also opted out of the hands free calling stuff, my phone is issued so playen with it every time they changed our phones would have been a hassel. But it has Sat raido, leather, streeing mounted radio controls, cur, pwr every thing, dual clmt control, (good for the wife).

Last edited by glocklove; 07-06-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-07-2008, 02:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
6 Speed, welcome to DTR! You too Glocklove. The admins don't allow talk about removing the cat converter or any other federal smog emission type stuff on this website. The quick answer is it won't hurt your truck or throw codes on a 5.9. Leave it at that.

Laramie vs. SLT is just personal preference. If you like leather, get the Laramie.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:29 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Welcome to the DTR, gents. Let me know if I can help you out with anything.

madhat
Old 07-07-2008, 07:36 AM

thanks guys! alright cool about the cat, im pumped about gettin a diesel.. i cant wait... looks like i may be lookin for a laramie now. they sound real nice, but an slt would definatly do
Old 07-07-2008, 08:48 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
In some years there were two packages of Laramie. I think the loaded package is 2H?

Anyhow, the 2H generally has power heated mirrrors, 8 way power driver and front passenger heated leather seats with lumbar support, power adjustable pedals, power rear window, stereo controls on the front of the steering wheel, electric shift transfer case.

Heated leather is very nice, if you live where there is winter.

I hardly used the slider on my last truck, but I've found I use the power rear slider all the time.

The adjustable pedals I don't use much, but occasionally when a large adult ends up in the rear driver's side seat, I find I can adjust the pedals back, the seat taller, and still be pretty comfortable with the seat forward.

Being able to lower/raise the front and back of the seat seperately is also nice on long trips.

Anyway, years ago I used to think of power windows and mirrors as more stuff to go wrong. These days I likes me creature comforts, and the laramie package.

Welcome to the forum, and let us know what you choose. There's some pretty sweet deals out there right now.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 PM

oh okay thanks man... the leather would be nice though