3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

600s & Waiting Time

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 07:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I waited abought 5 1/2 hours for mine. My dealer had it sitting on the lot. I went in at noon yesterday and told them I wanted it and they did the paperwork that afternoon and then when I got off last nite I went and picked it up. If anyone is after a red auto 4x4 QC they just got one in this week. Sory guys I feel your pain,,,, well not realy but...... I just figured I would rub it in a bit.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I have all you guys topped...I ordered mine October 10, 2003, and Insight now shows ETA March 29. Next time I'll order from Tomeygun and WALK from PA to St. Louis.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:58 PM

Man that sucks. Hopefully it will finally show up soon. I promise the wait is worth it.-Shawn
Old 03-24-2004, 11:01 PM

LHarper, Ha ha, that's great!!! Could they be twins? (ALMOST identical of course)What color? Black? Do you get trucked down from Portland as well?

jwlbal, wow, unfortunately I think you've got everybody beat. What in the *%$# is the hold up?
Old 03-25-2004, 12:21 AM
Muted User

Most of the HD Ram's are assembled in Mexico. While the assembly line may be modern and well managed, the country beyond the plant gates is strictly Third World backward. The condition of the Mexican rail system is typical of the country's infastructure: badly in need of upgrading. Why DC choose to build their plant so far inland, instead of up against the US border, is a mystery when you consider most of the assembly line's supply of components must be shipped deep into Mexico and then the finished product has to be shipped out. It seems like a veritable logistics nightmare.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:37 AM

Actually......ALL of the HD RAMS are built in beautiful Saltillo.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:35 AM

It seems like a veritable logistics nightmare.
THat may be true, but DC's TRACKING system leaves alot to be desired, as well.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:02 AM

Originally posted by mrb321us
Most of the HD Ram's are assembled in Mexico. While the assembly line may be modern and well managed, the country beyond the plant gates is strictly Third World backward. The condition of the Mexican rail system is typical of the country's infastructure: badly in need of upgrading. Why DC choose to build their plant so far inland, instead of up against the US border, is a mystery when you consider most of the assembly line's supply of components must be shipped deep into Mexico and then the finished product has to be shipped out. It seems like a veritable logistics nightmare.
I was able to track it by Mexican rail better than by Chrysler's tracking. Saltillo is not that far from Texas, yet Chrysler ships them south to Veracruz, where they sit for up to a month before being loaded on a ship. Then they sit for a week or more in a port in the US.

I certainly hope it will be worth the wait. It was built on January 9, and I keep reading horror stories of those built in early January. I've already informed my dealer that I expect reflashes per TSB's to be done before I take delivery.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:11 AM

Then they sit for a week or more in a port in the US.
That's correct. My dealer has around 8-9 3500s sitting (according to Insight) in Baltimore since last week. Some arrived on 3/15, a couple (including mine) arrived 3/18. That's a week now for me, and I'm only 100 miles from Baltimore.

Jwlbal - where in PA are you? And what dealer? Is yours one of the trucks I just referenced above? Mine was KZ on 2/18, but at least one of my dealers trucks went KZ in January.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:26 AM

Mklucas, not quite twins. Mine is white and yes it does get trucked down from Portland. Just checked and they are on railcar release status in Mexico. Found two others like ours that are on the same train headed for Oregon.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordered mine 2/22, went D1 on 3/8, KZ today (loaded on railcar tomorrow) and ETA to dealer in So. Calif. on 4/13. Timing is near perfect with Farm Bureau as it will be 45 days on 4/8.

Now begins the battle with the dealer to get the $2k / 48mo 0% deal.

Neil
Old 03-25-2004, 10:25 PM

Originally posted by wexman
That's correct. My dealer has around 8-9 3500s sitting (according to Insight) in Baltimore since last week. Some arrived on 3/15, a couple (including mine) arrived 3/18. That's a week now for me, and I'm only 100 miles from Baltimore.

Jwlbal - where in PA are you? And what dealer? Is yours one of the trucks I just referenced above? Mine was KZ on 2/18, but at least one of my dealers trucks went KZ in January.
Wexman,
I'm in Dillsburg, and the dealer is Hershey Dodge.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:15 AM

NJmurvin,I hope yours doesn't go to the distribution center in Mira Loma.My truck got to Colton last Friday and sat till yesterday morning.It still hasn't got to Mira Loma.Pushed back delivery from the 30th of this month till April 5th.I ordered mine 10 weeks ago.Hope you have better luck.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:57 AM

I ordered my truck on Feb 25th, and it went KZ yesterday, exactly 1 month since the order was placed. ETA is April 16, so that puts the whole process at 7.5 weeks for me...if the logistics stay on schedule.

Neil, looks like our trucks may have been buddies, rolling down the line pretty close to each other.

Steve
Old 03-26-2004, 10:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gray Ghost,
NJmurvin,I hope yours doesn't go to the distribution center in Mira Loma.
It does. I hope it's not stuck there too long. Actually, right now I'm more concerned that it may get here too early (before the 45 Farm Bureau time elapses). As long as it's after 4/8, I'm OK. I guess I also have 5 days to pick it up, so it would have to get here before 4/3 to be real problem, so I definitely think I'm safe.

Steve,
Neil, looks like our trucks may have been buddies, rolling down the line pretty close to each other.
The dates sure suggest that. I wonder what the difference in transportation time will be. I assume yours will be coming via rail like mine. It's interesting that yours is EXACTLY 3 days offset from mine (both order and ETA). That means they estimate the same time to get from Saltillo to Milwaukee as from Saltillo to Los Angeles. It will be interesting to see how that works out.

Neil

Quick Reply: 600s & Waiting Time