3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

600s & Waiting Time

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
600s & Waiting Time

I placed my order with my dealer March 3rd and I hadn't heard anything for the past couple weeks so I decided to give him a call and see how it was going, turns out that he hasn't yet gotten allocation to order my truck and from what I've read in the other threads might not for up to 4 weeks after he ordered.

That I found out was fine, then he told me it would be up to 10 weeks before he could get it here from the time he gets allocation, this puts me around June or July before I get my truck and mine is going to it's new owner next week. We also start racing in May so I need a truck or I'm out of the points.

I did a little searching today and found some 04 H.O's in Southern Ontario but they all have the Sport Package, which I havn't seen yet, does anybody have any pictures of the 3rd Gen sports, maybe even in silver?

I don't really want to buy from another dealer but there's no way he could give me the same kind of a deal even if he had or could get one in stock. When I first ordered the truck I had figured it would be 10 weeks from when I ordered it March 3rd which wouldn't be too bad.

sorry for the Novel but I just don't see why it should take 10-12 weeks to build & ship a truck when normal order & delivery time is 6-8 weeks.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:55 PM

I ordered mine on 12-23-03 got it 3-19-04

4 days from 3 months..........but it was worth the wait.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:19 PM

I have a sport laramie and pictures in my gallery but it's BLACK. Shawn
Old 03-23-2004, 09:33 PM

Ordered mine 2-16-04 and it still has not moved into the build status. If Dodge has clue as to when they can build a truck they are keeping it a secret.I am hoping to get my 2004-1/2 3500, 4x4,Cummins 600, six speed in 2004.But Dodge will not say if that is going to happen. I know it would be difficult for them to promise a delivery date on a week, but you would think they could with in a month or two.Does any one know why there is such a hold up on the new trucks. Is it a problem with the engine, transmission, posi axle, soft ware?Can they make enough trucks for the demmand? This will be my first Dodge and first diesel.So far I am not impressed by the Dodge managment. They seem to keep the dealers as clueless as there customers.If I do not see some progress on the building of my truck I will buy from some one that a least has something to sell.

Could be a Dodge Truck owner,
Gary Brady
Old 03-24-2004, 01:43 AM

Well here's what it looks like for me, 04 H.O. 305/555 3500 Dually Sport in Laramie trim with every option. Silver with Dark Slate Gray interior for about the same price as I was going to pay for my decently optioned 04.5 SLT.

I'm going to look at it next wednesday and if I like what I see it's coming home with me.

I'd like to wait for my 600 but there's just no way I can wait that long as there's no VON, VIN or anything else.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:16 AM

99dodgeguy, your dealer is probably telling you straight. If your dealer has allocation for next month, allocation deadline is 4-10, and your at C or D status at that point, you may go to D1 4-11 (dates could move a day or two back, haven't looked at a calendar for weekends). I don't know particulars of trucks shipping to Canada, but I'd say that 6weeks from D1 would be about right, and 10 or more is possible.

Gary, my dealer placed my order 2-16 as well. I just missed the allocation deadline so I went through just about every B status there is on to C and then D, where I finally got a VIN, and then 3-11 I went D1. I just got to KZ plant release on 3-23 at 5:56 pm CST!!! ETA to dealership in Eugene, OR is 4-16. I figure add a week to that and they'll have my truck, hopefully - 3500 4X4 DRW Laramie Auto. You should be there right with me, BUT all those other boys out there that had ordered the six-speed during January and early Feb. while on hold were ahead of you (probably about a months worth of orders, maybe more). Because of the 6-speed restriction you're probably a month behind me, but I hope I'm wrong.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:39 AM

Jack will probably want you to take this to the order thread, but MY dealer has a large allocation, I ordered on 1/17, went D1 in 2/5, KZ 2/18, and I'm STILL waiting.

It's the shipping (at least to the East Coast) that takes forever. Mine is supposedly in port in Baltimore since last week, by my dealer has no idea. ETA according to Insight is 3/31, but, I ain't holding my breath.

Long story short - I am now in my 10th week since ordering from a dealer with large allocation. Be prepared for a long wait.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:30 AM

I don't know why there is such a discrepancy in order/delivery dates from various parts of the country. I ordered my 3500 SRW on 2/21 and it's on the railcar scheduled to be delivered to yard on 3/28. 6 wks. basically from order to delivery for me.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:05 AM

Originally posted by wyosteve
I don't know why there is such a discrepancy in order/delivery dates from various parts of the country. I ordered my 3500 SRW on 2/21 and it's on the railcar scheduled to be delivered to yard on 3/28. 6 wks. basically from order to delivery for me.
Because their shipping schedule is not proplerly organized and or executed. There is no excuse for the wait times they put on shipping, especially to the East coast. I understand a hold for parts etc., but DC just appears to approach shipping hap hazardly. It might have something to do with what happens in Mexico but they really need to address the issue.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:18 AM

Because their shipping schedule is not proplerly organized and or executed. There is no excuse for the wait times they put on shipping, especially to the East coast. I understand a hold for parts etc., but DC just appears to approach shipping hap hazardly. It might have something to do with what happens in Mexico but they really need to address the issue
I second that opinion. I will NEVER order another DC product. I may buy one, but I would drive cross-country and drive back to get one. Be ALOT quicker, not to mention I would be in control of the situation.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:30 AM

Mklucas, our trucks are related. My dually was ordered on February 18th, KZ at 11:21 PM on the twenty-third with a ETA to Medford on 4-16. Hope they behave on the trip north.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:35 AM

Mklucas, I should have added that mine is a Laramie dually with six speed.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:38 AM

Medford Oregon??????? I was just there on Sunday finished up a fishing trip on the Umqua. Much fun Great weather.-Shawn
Old 03-24-2004, 10:45 AM

Shawn, yes. It is a great area to live. Come back again. You were a long ways from home.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:17 PM

I ordered mine the first week of March. I was told by the dealer order time was 6-8 weeks but look forward to at least 8-10 so I figured 10-12 to play it safe. I am sure that the guys on this board are not the only people in the world to order trucks. Satillio , Mexico is the only manufacturer of Diesel Rams. They run 24/7 and they have to supply to every dealer in the country if not the world. That is alot of trucks to produce. As far as the shipping, I dont think they have a train or ship leaving every day, if they did, it would be half empty. They probably have to wait till they have enough vehicles in storage to fill the quota of the shipping facility. I dont know how many train cars they fill on a single train but If you drive by the docks by me, they fit anywhere from 500-1000 vehicles on a ship.

Quick Reply: 600s & Waiting Time