3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2009 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is a "Charger" in trucks clothing
Old 12-16-2007, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ferd humpin a tundra came into my mind. Looks like a little of both.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:50 PM

I like it and I like the real crew cab. Looks like an updated Dodge to me. I don't know how yall are seeing yota in it but it does look closer to the 2010 F150 Ford than anything else if I had to compare.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:42 PM

I have to admit i've seen worse, but it's not that great looking to me. Go figure since i really like the new dakota for this year, that they would make the full size trucks ugly.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:58 PM

Well, I think it looks a lot better than the other new trucks coming out... You guys might was well come to terms and relize that all the trucks in the future are going to have sharper lines and look more and more retarded, opps can I say that on here? There not going to look like trucks, but 4 wheel drive cars with beds... I still don't see the round tundra look in it or the ugly block style headlights and front end that ford uses, but hey; what ever...
Old 12-17-2007, 12:12 AM

My first impression was, "Ewwww!"

I'm thinking that the grill is really throwing me off from this angle. At first it looked like it had a backwards rake to it like the Buick Skylarks back in the mid to late '80's. The square fog lights are kind of wired also. Shape of the grill throws back to the early 3rd gens. Might look all right with an after-market bumper. Rest of the truck isn't too bad.

Is it just me, or do the rear wheel wells look noticably larger than the fronts, rake not withstanding?
Old 12-17-2007, 11:50 AM

Aren't the heady duties coming out in 2010 with the 1500s in 09.
I was hoping the HD would have a more egressive style. I was expecting more redesign for the next generation.

Pete
Old 12-17-2007, 12:04 PM

What is that over the rear fender??
Old 12-17-2007, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by tonyiii1
What is that over the rear fender??
That's a lockable compartment.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:06 PM

I hope that's not the 2010 HD remake. Mercy.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:12 AM

I'd take it over the current body style. Looks a little more aerodynamic, I bet the NASCAR guys are going to like it. It might give a better visibility cresting a hill or maybe not.

The opening on the fender would be a great place to store the jack and tire tools. It better be real good otherwise screwing up the lines of the truck aren't worth it.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:10 AM
TAS

What ever happened to the power wagon concept truck I saw some years ago? It had the open fenders front and rear w/ the full running baord, exposed hinges. I was really like'n that old retro style.

Found one similar. The one I remember had exposed hinges and I don't remember the cab being so round and wimpy look'n.

http://www.classictruckshop.com/new_power_wagon.php
Old 12-19-2007, 08:30 AM

TAS,

Understand you're frustration 'cause the Power Wagon was a cool looking truck, but that vehicle was just a styling exercise. If you look closely at the concept you can see pieces of it that made it into production vehicles. You know those 2007 taillights that no one likes, right off the concept. They also used some of the body lines in the front of the vehicle for the dakota.

I know everyone is not too thrilled with the styling of the '09 at this time, but there are a lot of things to make this truck more along the best conbination of factors. Check out the body seems, see how close the body gaps are? That'll make the truck quieter and the seals will be less prone to leaks since the amount of water they are going to handle will be less. Also they've put a real effort into making the truck aerodynamic, a good thing for fuel efficiency.

The interior is suppose to get a major, major upgrade so hopefully people won't have to say "man I love the cummins but I want the interior of the ford." You'll be able to have your cake and eat it to gentlemen. Be happy!!!

Give this some time to let it grow on you, if you can believe it, it took me a while to warm up to the original '94 style ... but now ... I wouldn't be without it.

Not a Chrysler guy, just a long time MOPAR fan.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:48 AM
tcr

I've always said the best truck would be a F250/F350(not the new turd) w/ a Cummins. Looks like someone was listening at Dodge. I like it. It's about time they put some decent color matched factory fender flares on.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I like it. I hope the interior is better than mine. Now that it's cold, both front door panels creak over every bump, and it sounds like I have a rodent in the dash somewhere. Creaking comes and goes from drivers side of the dash to the passenger side, then goes away for awhile. And of course the seats are terrible. I guess you get what you pay for. I saved $5000 to $6000 over a comparable Chevy/GMC.

Quick Reply: 2009 Ram