3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2005 CTD Total'D

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CTD Total'D

Well last summer my '05 took a lightning hit, and after the first repair everything semed ok. Well the last 2 months the truck has been at the dealership being worked on. I was having some funky electrical issues. Long story short the service manager said he couldn't fix it, not only would chrysler not replace it they restricted the warranty on it after seeing they couldn't fix it. I had the claim re-opened and insurance wanted to start changing harnesses at first, but after seeing the bill for the prior work that had been done ($6000.00 plus) and not being sure that harnesses would even correct the current issues they decided to total it. Not too sure what route I'm gonna go with to replace it. I had to deal with chrysler customer support a few times, and it was a pretty discouraging process.
How are the 2007's so far? JDX
Old 12-29-2006, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by JetDoctorX
Well last summer my '05 took a lightning hit, and after the first repair everything semed ok. Well the last 2 months the truck has been at the dealership being worked on. I was having some funky electrical issues. Long story short the service manager said he couldn't fix it, not only would chrysler not replace it they restricted the warranty on it after seeing they couldn't fix it. I had the claim re-opened and insurance wanted to start changing harnesses at first, but after seeing the bill for the prior work that had been done ($6000.00 plus) and not being sure that harnesses would even correct the current issues they decided to total it. Not too sure what route I'm gonna go with to replace it. I had to deal with chrysler customer support a few times, and it was a pretty discouraging process.
How are the 2007's so far? JDX
Why not pickup a screaming deal on a leftover 2006 and get 0% APR?
Old 12-29-2006, 10:44 PM

I'm lovin' my '07 Mega so far.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:18 PM

Location: Well I thought I lived in America, but its looking more like france every day.
I think it would be nice to try the 07 with the new engine and six speed auto. Good luck on your search and choice. If you live any where close to Idaho try Dave Smith motors in Kellogg Id. They are great to deal with and have very good prices...

Also i know what you mean about the customer relations. I had a claim on my other truck an 04. I had a dodge dealership do the insurance work on it and I wont do that again... Long story short. there ARE warranty issues if a dealer does insurance work and you have problems later with the truck, dodge could say it was from the wreck or other claim and tell you the warranty does not cover it and to call your insurance company to get it covered. Dodge should not cover it if it was from the wreck but there are gray areas. If I have a claim in the future a dodge dealership will NOT get my truck to work on! it will go to another mechanic or body shop that I trust.. From what ive seen the dealership tech's are not always the best for your truck good luck..
Old 12-29-2006, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by BEARHUNTER
I think it would be nice to try the 07 with the new engine and six speed auto. Good luck on your search and choice. If you live any where close to Idaho try Dave Smith motors in Kellogg Id. They are great to deal with and have very good prices...

Also i know what you mean about the customer relations. I had a claim on my other truck an 04. I had a dodge dealership do the insurance work on it and I wont do that again... Long story short. there ARE warranty issues if a dealer does insurance work and you have problems later with the truck, dodge could say it was from the wreck or other claim and tell you the warranty does not cover it and to call your insurance company to get it covered. Dodge should not cover it if it was from the wreck but there are gray areas. If I have a claim in the future a dodge dealership will NOT get my truck to work on! it will go to another mechanic or body shop that I trust.. From what ive seen the dealership tech's are not always the best for your truck good luck..
Yeah but ya gotta watch who does the work, that can void the warranty as well.JDX
Old 12-29-2006, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Move'n Up
Why not pickup a screaming deal on a leftover 2006 and get 0% APR?
HHHMMM, didn't know that was goin' on again. JDX
Old 12-30-2006, 12:05 AM

Location: Well I thought I lived in America, but its looking more like france every day.
Originally Posted by JetDoctorX
Yeah but ya gotta watch who does the work, that can void the warranty as well.JDX

Very True..