3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2004 CTD with a salvage title?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin
Don't buy a salvage title vehicle unless you plan on keeping it forever. There is no warranty from the factory on anything including recall. This is because in the factory's eyes it has been parted out and not rebuilt. No dealer will ever take it on trade either. No clean title - no buy is my motto.

This is unless I could buy it and part it out for a profit.
I totally agree!
Mike
###
Old 06-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Banned

Why that one when you can have this one... I was looking in the classifieds here because I was curious of how much I could get a work truck dually for.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...t=11422&cat=20
Old 06-12-2007, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would buy a salvage title truck to sled pull with. I have thought about it alot really. as a daily driver I doubt it. ppl really rig some stuff up to make it look good then leave you with the issues. but a vehicle can be fixed by a good body man and you can never tell.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:35 PM

upjeeper -

Sorry, I didn't notice your signature the first time I read this. May the Lord bless you and all those with you serving in Iraq! I pray for you all daily, and have a couple of very close friends over there now. Keep on serving faithfully, and know that we are all supporting you and praying for you back home.

Also - I'm sure if you are looking for a truck from over in Iraq (don't you just love the internet?) that someone close to one of those you look at would be more than willing to help you out by going and taking it for a spin. Just ask - that's what we're here for. Thanks again!
Old 06-16-2007, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by 96_12V
upjeeper -

Sorry, I didn't notice your signature the first time I read this. May the Lord bless you and all those with you serving in Iraq! I pray for you all daily, and have a couple of very close friends over there now. Keep on serving faithfully, and know that we are all supporting you and praying for you back home.

Also - I'm sure if you are looking for a truck from over in Iraq (don't you just love the internet?) that someone close to one of those you look at would be more than willing to help you out by going and taking it for a spin. Just ask - that's what we're here for. Thanks again!
Thank you for your prayers. It's been an... interesting deployment, (as i listent to "Thankful" by Caedmom's Call) and i'm very appreciative of how good my job is and how well I have it.
I'm an engineer in the USAF and am stationed at a Marine base, not quite home garrison but these guys take really good care of us. I'm almost embarassed to say i'm deployed with how hard some of these guys have it on convoy duty, etc.

Thanks for the offer. I may be seeking someone in NC to take a look at this truck. The seller says he's a mechanic at a local dodge dealership, and on offense inteded to him, but an unbiased opinion is wiser then mere trust (as much as i hate to say that i've been burned before)
Old 06-16-2007, 06:30 AM

96_12V - that's a great quote in your sig by the way...
Old 06-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Banned

Dude, did you not look at that ad in my post up above? I'd be all over that cash if that's what I was looking for .

Just trying to help a brotha out...
Old 06-16-2007, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Joe T
Dude, did you not look at that ad in my post up above? I'd be all over that cash if that's what I was looking for .

Just trying to help a brotha out...
yea, i did see it
and i did email the guy, and i'm waiting for the pictures
Old 06-16-2007, 11:34 AM

i looked into a salvaged vehicle last year before i knew what i was really getting myself in to, D-ship said it hit a deer in 05 so im like ok whatever. test drive it overnight, take it home, carfax it and find out it was salvages at 4 mos old and 3k miles, in colorado. I also found out the rear door on drivers side had a VIN from a 99 truck, this was an 01. As i got looking at it more i noticed the bed didnt match up with the cab and figured it had rolled and had a whole new cab put on it. At that point i took it back and walked away no questions asked. BE SURE you know what actually happened to vehicle, pay the 20 bucks for the carfax! it saved my butt
Old 06-16-2007, 05:50 PM

This has been my concern. I have a 04 that i wanted to stretch and the state says i have to get a new 2007 reconstructed title. I thikn this would kill the value. who knows?
Old 06-16-2007, 09:12 PM

I was looking at a truck a while back for one heck of a deal. 02 Laramie 6sp. QC short bed, loaded, 98k or so. $12000. I was figuring my trucks value, had a loan lined up... I hadnt seen it in person, just on autotrader. THen I saw the sign in the background of the place it was at. "American Retitled vehicles" or something to that affect. I wanted it bad, but sure not for a salvage truck, taht you have no clue what really happened to it. Id recommend going for a nice reliable truck.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:33 PM

I don t want to blow smoke away but guy's IMy truck is a salvage title truck and let me give you all the info I got.

First thing when you buy a salvage vehicule you the seller should provide you with picture of before and after the repair also he should provide you with reciept of all the part the put on to prevent stolen parts.

Second : Those vehicule have to be inspect before the put back on the road so they should provide you with a sheet with the appropriated stamp here in quebec they won t accept even 1/8 inch off on the frame and body.

Third As far as insurance yes you have to check with your company some of them won t tuch it and the other will tell you they will paid you according to the value you payid for.

Forth Resaling a such vehicule is quite easy when you have all this doccumentation don t expect to get more than you pay for but yes you will resale it very easily.

Fifth as far as waranty no you don t get any but all the safety recall will be made even if it is damage just go to the dealer and make the adress change and you will receved all the safety recall.

Don t forget you have to pay a lot cheaper for the truck I paid 35 K CDN for mine with 5 000 KM on it dealer was asking 49K for a new one . so yes I save 14 K and the tax on that 14 K .

Hope this help

Buzzman