3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2004.5 3500 4x4 Quad SLT SB SRW

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 12:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004.5 3500 4x4 Quad SLT SB SRW

$39,028 + $500.00 - What ever the rebate is at time of pickup.

Does this price sound fair?

Should I get the electronic shift on the fly for the 4x4? A $545.00 option?

Is the Dodge GPS system screen big enough to use?
Or should I skip it?

Any other things I should add or subtract?

Thanks
Old 01-03-2004, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure but I think you can do better. Tell the dealer you want to see his dealer invoice sheet. That will have the bottom line on it.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:28 PM

You may want to post this in a 3rd gen forum.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:37 PM

I'd get rid of the drop in bedliner and save the money for X-Liner or Rhino. Also, Cook Motors will give you $500 under invoice. I'd say get a 6spd too! Is that 39,028 the actual invoice figure? Go to autos.yahoo.com and reconfigure your truck on there exactly like you see it on the paper and see if the numbers add up. Also like someone else said, ask for your dealer's invoice sheet. At the bottom will be something that says HB102000 just for example that is 1020$ of holdback. That gives you a relative idea as to what the dealer has to play with (they have MORE than that to play with so don't get fooled!).
Old 01-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can do better than that. Sticker on mine was $39,785.00 and I only paid $30,500.00 . You have to play hard ball with em'. "YOU" tell them what "YOU" are going to pay and that is that, or go else were. They tried to feed me a line and I just told him, look, you have two options here, you can sell me a truck or I will go to dave smith and buy one. He finally came with $1,000.00 of smith dealer so I bought it up here.

Play hard nose with em', you'll be surprized!
Old 01-03-2004, 03:08 PM

The 39,028 is what they are calling Invoice, however this is on a quote sheet for a build not on an actual truck. As far as I can find out they aren't even building the 2004.5s yet.

$1000.00 under invocie would be great.

I'm thinking of the 6 speed, but I can't make up my mind. My 2500 is the first vehicle with an auto and I'm starting to get lazy. With stop and go traffic the auto is real nice. However about half of my miles are towing and I'm upgrading to a heavier truck so an exhaust break would be nice.
Old 01-03-2004, 03:37 PM

You still ought to be able to build one for way under invoice.It's cheaper for the you if the dealer doesn't have to "lot plan" it.

Truck arrives on a Friday,you pick it up Saturday.

I agree with some of the other guys.I think you're paying way too much.I also agree with deleting the bedliner.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:59 PM

I gotta agree w/ AKDSLDOG. Other than the HO and 6-shooter, you have the same package as me, and I paid 29,000. I don't think you have another $10 grand in options there. Keep looking and you'll find a lot better, even if you have to go to North Idaho to get it like I did. -Steve
Old 01-04-2004, 05:58 AM

I agree with the others who say to delete the drop in liner and add an aftermarket spray in liner. You should be able to negotiate with the dealer for a price on a spray in liner that will be better than what you can get on your own after you take delivery of the truck. LineX or Rhino are both premium brands that you won't be disappointed with.

As far as price, go ahead and shop around to get a better idea of what to expect. Once you have a price you feel is fair take it to the dealer you want to buy from and start talking.

I feel an important thing to think about is buying from the dealer you want your truck serviced at. For me it wasn't a case of having more money than brains but being willing to pay a little more to get the truck locally so that when I need service I only have a twenty minute drive and don't think that dealers don't take into consideration where the truck is purchased when they prioritize service work.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:33 AM

FWIW, the supplier discount price is only 1% under invoice, PLUS any incentives. Is it really possible to do much better than thousand under invoice? 10k less?

The 39k mark seems about right for invoice w/ those options, at least as far as Costco's auto pricing tool (www.costcoauto.com) is concerned. It was the first to have the pricing for the new 325/600 motor.

Also here is some good info on the nav radio :

http://www.wjjeeps.com/nav.htm

Mopar's page with the manual, map coverage, and the link.

http://www.mopar.com/dodge/Nprod.html

The biggest flaw I can see is that it has only one disc drive, so you either have audio or the nav DVD in it. If you want to navigate AND listen to a CD you'll need a changer.

There is no yearly fee for the unit, but they do seem to release new DVDs about every year with new/updated data. Upgrades are about $100-200. This is pretty consistant with other GPS navigation systems, including garmin.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:07 AM

GET a BETTER Quote
That's way too much.
If it were a Larime with all the bells and whisles and DROP the paint rubbing drop in bed liner, Get the LINE-X instead.
Then it would be a better quote
Old 01-04-2004, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Strange, but that seems pretty high with so few options.... In any case, double check kbb.com for pricing.

I paid dealer invoice minus 600 minus 3000 in incentives. That 500 bux on top of 'invoice' is garbage, I would have laughed at them.

Save your money and dont buy the gps radio. The screen is so small. For that same money you could have a sweet in dash alpine unit with a 7" motorized screen, and also watch dvds, tv, etc.....

I like the electronic shift transfer case, it frees up the whole floor, and I have a one piece floormat covering everything. I've had them on previous vehicles with no problems.

A few options I prefer are the sport package and side airbags...but those are personal preference!

Good luck! Hope it doesn't have EGR, hehehee
Old 01-04-2004, 09:17 PM

There seems to be some difference in opinions on price, unless those talking about hugh discounts are talking off MSRP not invoice. The invoice they show is very close to KBB pricing.

If I read between the lines on these posts, it sounds like a few hundred below invoice would be correct.

I think I will delete the Nav radio, but still not sure on 6 speed or auto.

Has anyone seen a Patriot Blue or an Atlantic Blue truck as compared to a Holiday Rambler 5th wheel, I'm curious which is closer in color to the trim on the Presidential.

Thanks for your replies.