3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2003 a/c fin sensor

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In one area your dealer is full of DO DO and or giving you a line.The SERVICE MANAGER is the one who came up with the MONEY for you to pay.The GOOD dealers are on SELF APPROVAL.Star is TECH ASSISTANCE.Engineers.A room with cubes and differant engineers that handle certain areas of the vehicles etc.They will TELL YOU(dealer personial,techs.service managers etc.)that they have NO CLUE or AUTHORITY to warranty TIMES or approvals.Its NOT their area at ALL. 5.5 sounds like ac diagnois including dye test,evaportor r&r and evacuate and recharge.Which leak test pays .5 or .8 and evacuate and recharge pays eaither 1.1 or 1.2.SOOO take away those and 3.8 or 3.9 sounds more like it or somewhere near there.I'd call D.C. 1800-992-1997 and go over the out by 700 miles and the KNOWN problem on these 3rd generation ac's and ask for a $100 or $150 deductable or for gigs you'll buy parts let D.C. buy labor..D.C. will pay the BALANCE to the dealer in warranty time for the FIN TEMP SENSOR only.Mine is STILL not right.I had the fin temp dione a week ago or so and then in the HEAT of the day NO cool from pass side at all.I have two ac thermometers in my vents.Drivers and pass side.Found system Monday to be 4 ounces LOW.Rechagred.Both sides feel good and withen 4 degrees of each other MOST of the time on FRESH.Today noticed in 93 degree heat and coming to a stop in traffic the pass side suddenly climbs to 80 plus degrees,Drivers stays at 40 or so.Start off and pass side drops quickly to in the 40s etc.but at times pass side is barely cooler then amibent.Its STILL got a problem.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:08 PM

well I am sorry to here your a/c is still not right , but is it freezing up anymore ,could the temp change be a/c doors. he said he had to try to do something for me ,after all I bought 5 trucks in 10 years from them .they are all full of b/s . but he said they do not do this type of work everyday so it takes a little longer than somebody that just does this all the time.they are supposed to be trained dealers not gas station people you think!!!right now something is better than nothing .my a/c is even on both sides ,so far I just hope this is it without any other problems.I will make that call tomorrow to d/c it can not hurt . the more people who complain the better it is for the next person p/s is this just the 2003 with a/c problems, and do you have the daul zone temp. controls
Old 08-18-2005, 03:14 AM

I'm fixing to call them today also.I want a file opened on mine.Now the guy that has worked on mine is a super tech.Been at it 20 years and does ever thing well on a vehicle except diffs.Builds auto tranny's/trim/super with elect.and ac etc.I need to show him in the heat what mine does when coming to stop with it on fresh.Did not do it on recir. I haven't driven a hour or two straight interstate anywhere yet on the freezing issue but I bet its fixed.More with the relocation of the sensor.Over the years on differant makes that repair/movement of that same type sensor has been done to repair freezing problems.