3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

'07 megacab went up in flames

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Comprehensive loss = hail damage.

Jerk backing into my truck = uninsured motorist... Not my brother having to go get paperwork everytime he changes companies or gets a quote or buys a new vehicle, it gets fixed then reinstated. Oh, and no injuries involved, I should go after them for my "check" for my "injuries".

Someone cutting me off and slamming into their back fender = wreck (they went after the other insurance company but still on my record) not upset about that.

My mustang, there are 3 companies (the only 3) that wouldn't give me agreed value insurance on the car because I have 3 claims in 5 years. I have more in it then I'd want back if lost... But still, need more than a flipping 3 grand for it, how about what it would sale for?? Or what I could replace it for?

Oh, and here is how they scam (and this isn't legal by the way, they just haven't been busted yet) Good driver discounts, even my hail damage goes against me and uninsured motorist too . On avg you'll have an accident every 5 years... So there is no "good drivers".

What a rip...
Old 06-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rollin' Smoke
maybe the BBB....!!! cant hurt to give it a shot
True, thanks. Small things like this I try to not let bother me, but it's really effecting me since I can't get my mustang insured by any of the 3 hobbist companies. I'm too scared to drive it, I'm paranoid about the car.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe T
Comprehensive loss = hail damage.

Jerk backing into my truck = uninsured motorist... Not my brother having to go get paperwork everytime he changes companies or gets a quote or buys a new vehicle, it gets fixed then reinstated. Oh, and no injuries involved, I should go after them for my "check" for my "injuries".

Someone cutting me off and slamming into their back fender = wreck (they went after the other insurance company but still on my record) not upset about that.

My mustang, there are 3 companies (the only 3) that wouldn't give me agreed value insurance on the car because I have 3 claims in 5 years. I have more in it then I'd want back if lost... But still, need more than a flipping 3 grand for it, how about what it would sale for?? Or what I could replace it for?

Oh, and here is how they scam (and this isn't legal by the way, they just haven't been busted yet) Good driver discounts, even my hail damage goes against me and uninsured motorist too . On avg you'll have an accident every 5 years... So there is no "good drivers".

What a rip...
unless the backing into you was a hit and run OR he didnt have insurance...its not uninsured motorist. It would go under a not at fault accident if his insurance is paying or a collision claim on your insurance if they said it was your fault. Your insurance shouldnt have been involved and no claim if he had insurance.

The not at fault cutoff shouldnt have had anything to do with your insurance unless the other company was fighting the claim. In that case, if you had a police report, there shouldnt have been much of an arguement.

THe mustang is only worth 3k... I see 5.0's all day long for cheap. If you put the 347 and tremec in it to race (legal drag racing or street) then the insurance company isnt going to cover it because of the liability. You have to think about it from their shoes. If you are racing your car thats worth $8000 because of engine mods to make it faster...then they have atleast $55,000 on the line everytime you drive it. It makes no sense on their part. The company takes money and transfers the risk onto themselves... $300/month sounds high to me and you but when they pay $55,000 on a claim, how many years of $300/month does it take to make that up?

Dont know where you got your statistics but I have been driving many years and never had a wreck...my father has been driving for 40 years and never had a wreck... I think we deserve a good driver discount. Also, why would you complain about a discount?

One last thing is, if you want to self insure yourself, you can legally. You put $55,000 into an account and leave it with the state of Texas as your insurance money. If you never use it and decide to stop driving..you get your money back
Old 06-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Banned

Can that account collect interest?

Also, hit and run and was miss filed on my record goes against me. I don't have the EDIT time or resources to go fight this.

Hail damage- Comprehensive loss in the state of texas also goes against you. I've been searching and that's how it works.

Cutoff- I'd imagine the other company is fighting it too, they said I rear ended them, I said they cut me off. The claims adjuster said it's going on my insurance as a not at fault, but it seems like that didn't happen. They also didn't cover all my damages, sold the truck including the damages... just knocked some off the price and replaced the tire out of pocket.

All I know is my insurance is jacked up about $500 more a year over having a "good driver's discount". These are the only 3 claims I've ever made... And not one ticket since I was 16 and they didn't even go on my record.

I got that statistic from Driver's Ed, thought that was common knowledge on avg you'll have an accident every 5 years.

If you want to look it up give me your company name/number and i'll call you, tell me what the deal is here.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe T
Can that account collect interest?

Also, hit and run and was miss filed on my record goes against me. I don't have the EDIT time or resources to go fight this.

Hail damage- Comprehensive loss in the state of texas also goes against you. I've been searching and that's how it works.

Cutoff- I'd imagine the other company is fighting it too, they said I rear ended them, I said they cut me off. The claims adjuster said it's going on my insurance as a not at fault, but it seems like that didn't happen. They also didn't cover all my damages, sold the truck including the damages... just knocked some off the price and replaced the tire out of pocket.

All I know is my insurance is jacked up about $500 more a year over having a "good driver's discount". These are the only 3 claims I've ever made... And not one ticket since I was 16 and they didn't even go on my record.

I got that statistic from Driver's Ed, thought that was common knowledge on avg you'll have an accident every 5 years.

If you want to look it up give me your company name/number and i'll call you, tell me what the deal is here.
I'll PM my number to ya and see if I cant atleast help ya out. Usually not at fault accidents wont effect you to much if any at all. Its the at fault and tickets that will kill ya

Tim
Old 06-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Banned

Thanks man!