3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

'07 megacab went up in flames

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the case of a repossession, just because the vehicle is "returned" your payments do not necessarily end. A creditor may take a vehicle if a payment is missed and does not need any other reason and they may still demand payments...it is in the contract one signs. If a car is on public property, a creditor does not need to get a warrant to repossess. They need a warrant (usually) to take it from private property.

I just spoke to a lawyer and although warrants are not public property, they can not be kept secret from the person upon whom they are issued. So...there is something else going on here.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RocketJohn
fake wood trim on a 2007 SLT? something not right there... that looks like a 2006... anybody?

My 2007 SLT has the aluminum color bezel around the radio and the doors...

of course original poster pretty much registered and wrote this thread... not surprising... probably a troll....

NEXT!
yea.. I waited close to a year to start trolling.. do a search before spewing BS
It's a 5.9 and yes the steering wheel was tied by the towtruck driver.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:21 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by frwinks
yea.. I waited close to a year to start trolling.. do a search before spewing BS
It's a 5.9 and yes the steering wheel was tied by the towtruck driver.
I can see you getting tired of people (us) questioning your facts/intentions.

When I first read you last post I was starting to see you heading in a not so nice direction, but the the Nicholson quote at the end had me giggling. I like your style, you're alright.

I hope you buddy gets made whole on this, that thing HAS to stink like smoke & burnt plastic.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:07 PM

glad someone's getting the humor
I hope so too... afterall I was the one who convinced him to trade up his 4month old F350 for a Dodge. Few months later it burns itself to the ground
Old 04-05-2007, 04:10 PM
P.J
Banned

Some friend.

At least you didn't suggest a home for him to live in, huh?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:30 AM

I think this is due for an update
After almost 3 months of battling, my buddy is back in a Dodge and lovin' it.
The old truck is sitting @ the body shop, cab stripped, "airing out" , we picked up his brand new truck on Friday

In the end he's in a bigger/newer/sicker/slicker truck for less $$$ than the mega was.... life is good again
Old 06-12-2007, 09:33 AM
P.J
Banned

Mmmhuh. Nice looking truck, I'm sure he'll love it.

Now then, just tell him to not use this one as a mobile meth lab and maybe he'll get some use out of it.
Just kidding buddy.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by floridagc
P.J The carb issue is true, I have never thought about this until you wrote your post. My parents had purchased a new Nova, back in the mid to late sixtys, and yes there were guys that showed up to my parents house and said they needed to take the car and switch the carb. My father had them change the carb in the yard, he said after they changed it his fuel economy went in half. I don't think it was 100 mpg, maybe forty or fifty, In fact this is the third time I have heard this in my life, so I will ask my mother if she recalls.

flgc
Um, Huh?

Joe
Old 06-12-2007, 10:05 AM

glad they got all that cleared up!

kinda curious though, what are they doing with the old truck? i see you said it was in a body shop and they were letting it air out.....but are they going to fix it and then sell it to some poor sap that dont know any better?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Banned

hey, just read all this..

My mom's Honda Accord burned pretty much to the ground. Fire started under the hood, I think I remember her saying she smelled gas and bam.

Car was in good shape, wasn't abused, almost new, etc...

Anyway her insurance company settled with her for a good chunk of change and went after Honda. They gave her some guff on it after they settled with her (Edit move on their part) but it just goes to show that if you are persistent with these types of things they'll pay.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rollin' Smoke
glad they got all that cleared up!

kinda curious though, what are they doing with the old truck? i see you said it was in a body shop and they were letting it air out.....but are they going to fix it and then sell it to some poor sap that dont know any better?
that's their plan... they estimated the damage at around $20K.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:23 AM

Nice lookin truck, but it needs to be washed - it has dirt in the wheel wells... (Just kidding). I'm glad it worked out for him.

And Joe T, my ins. co. tried to screw me once too. I lived in Indiana at the time, and I wrecked my truck in Pennsylvania. My agent said that I have to call the offices in Penn instead of his office since it happened out of state (which was BS to me). The truck was totaled, and they wanted to give me about 50% of what it was worth. According to the lady I spoke to, that was Penn state law. I never heard of that, but I insisted that they pay 100%. I lived in one state, paid my insurance in that state, and expected to be compensated according to that states laws, not some other state. After several months, they sent me a check for what I was asking for, along with a letter telling me that my insurance was canceled as of the date of the letter. I had paid for the full year, and had about 5 months left before the end of the policy. At that point, I just wanted to be done with the whole issue, so I never said anything about the remaining months and moved on.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Banned

Yeah, I had someone back into my truck and the insurance company totally screwed up the way it was reported (should have been uninsured motorist) as to "get back" at me, they even listed my brother as being involved. Same insurance company my mom used as well *hint*hint. They had it listed as injuries involved and some other stuff. Made my insurance go up, and it's still up since that, hail damage, and someone that cut me off and fought me on it ended up being 3 claims in the last 5 years. Worst part is I can't get agreed value insurance on my mustang so I'm scared to drive it, argg!! Who should I report these people too. Obviously I've since changed companies.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Joe T
Yeah, I had someone back into my truck and the insurance company totally screwed up the way it was reported (should have been uninsured motorist) as to "get back" at me, they even listed my brother as being involved. Same insurance company my mom used as well *hint*hint. They had it listed as injuries involved and some other stuff. Made my insurance go up, and it's still up since that, hail damage, and someone that cut me off and fought me on it ended up being 3 claims in the last 5 years. Worst part is I can't get agreed value insurance on my mustang so I'm scared to drive it, argg!! Who should I report these people too. Obviously I've since changed companies.
LOL.. Im not going to argue with you on whos right or wrong but I would like to know why you think it should go under uninsured motorist and would like to know what it was filed under. I highly doubt they are trying to take a stab at you...people dont have personal vendettas against their 1000's of policy holders... Hail damage doesnt usually go against your record. It will pull up but it shouldnt hurt your insurance score. Most companies wont do an agreed value on a car because the car is not worth what you want it to be worth.

<----insurance agent
Old 06-12-2007, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Joe T
maybe the BBB....!!! cant hurt to give it a shot

Quick Reply: '07 megacab went up in flames