3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

'07 megacab went up in flames

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 03:13 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds fishy.

I would have had to have called the po-po and had a report filed if someone picked up my new truck after I had been making all the payments on time, no matter what the situation is! This sounds like the guy who had the car that got 100 miles to the gallon and guys in suit and sunglasses showed up at his door to retrieve his carb.

Don't sound right.

How many of us have heard of fools that get in over their head with a car and next thing you know it's totaled or on fire or at the bottom of a quarry? I worked with a guy that had 2nd degree burns on his legs from a fire in his Dakota.

I'm not saying there was foul play, just saying it is a fairly common thing.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since most vehicle fires are the result of arson DC might of wanted to get it checked right away by their own people. Did a fire investigator look at the truck? Probably not, as many departments don't investigate vehicle fires anymore. Of course maybe DC didn't want an investigator tracing the fire back to the cause under the dash. Hopefully they make it right.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:13 PM

It is possible, since it's such a new truck, they are trying to find the root cause of the fire yet to decide if it is an isolated incedent or if they need to possibly start recalling certain vehicles. Regardless of the reason they have the vehicle, they should be telling you what is going on and I would start seeking help quickly since you are still paying for a truck that is no longer yours.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:08 PM

quick update...Dodge has concluded that it was defenitely an electrical issue but they can not pinpoint which circuit since everything is so badly torched.
Ready for this...... they estimated $21K in damages and want to fix the truck The kicker is that they will not perform this work under warranty (even after admiting it was an electrical problem), they want the ins. co. to pay for it
My buddy is calling his lawyer tomorrow
Old 04-04-2007, 02:47 PM
P.J
Banned

Of course they want the insurance to pay, this is the other reason why we all get raped by the insurance companies. They have to pay their own lawyers to battle years at a time over dumb stuff like this. DC should just buck up and pay if indeed it was a wiring issue.

I don't think I'd want that truck..................
Old 04-04-2007, 03:02 PM

Was it a 6.7 or 5.9???
Old 04-04-2007, 03:09 PM

I think that DC thinks they can pull a quick one on the insurance company, and make them pay, but trust me the insurance company will not put up with this they will have there corporate attorneys all over DC. I would personally rufuse the truck,my brother did this on a wiring issue on his 2003, they (DC) BOUGHT the truck back from him and put him in a new one.

P.J The carb issue is true, I have never thought about this until you wrote your post. My parents had purchased a new Nova, back in the mid to late sixtys, and yes there were guys that showed up to my parents house and said they needed to take the car and switch the carb. My father had them change the carb in the yard, he said after they changed it his fuel economy went in half. I don't think it was 100 mpg, maybe forty or fifty, In fact this is the third time I have heard this in my life, so I will ask my mother if she recalls.

flgc
Old 04-04-2007, 03:16 PM
P.J
Banned

Get out of here floridagc, it's got to be an Urban myth. I don't even know where I heard that story, it sounded fishy though.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by frwinks
quick update...Dodge has concluded that it was defenitely an electrical issue but they can not pinpoint which circuit since everything is so badly torched.
Ready for this...... they estimated $21K in damages and want to fix the truck The kicker is that they will not perform this work under warranty (even after admiting it was an electrical problem), they want the ins. co. to pay for it
My buddy is calling his lawyer tomorrow
OK let me see if I got this story right. A new truck catches on fire. DC comes and takes the truck with out anyone’s permission. Then days later they call and say yes it’s our fault and the fire was caused by some electrical problem, we don’t know what part started it but we want your insurance company to pay for it?

First off if they did take the truck with out permission that would be theft and I would not think anyone at DC is that stupid to take it with out permission from someone associated with the insurance company. Second, I can’t see DC calling to admit or putting it in writing that the fires was in some way their fault and then go on to say we want your insurance company to pay for it to be repaired.

I’m sorry to say this but if I have the above correct then some thing smells very fishy and the stench is growing by the minute! BTW, if you have proof of some kind this all happened then please post it, as I could be wrong. But based on the info I have at this time I will stand by my statement, something’s not right with this and it stinks
Old 04-05-2007, 11:43 AM

what part of this statement did you not understand?
Originally Posted by frwinks
there's a warrant/repossesion paper issued by a baileaf
although I might have the terminology incorrect, the fact is that there was something issued by whoever has the power to do so
I'm sure that unless it's summonsed by his lawyer, he'll never see it.
I've been updating this thread as the news comes to me. Quite frankly I don't have to prove **** to you or anyone else.. I threw this up here because I couldn't find any info on the net regarding Rams going up in flames. I feel that there should be some sort of a record of this out there (here) for others to see. DC has been trying to sweep this under the carpet everyway they can. Like many others I'm baffeled as to why they expect the ins. co. to pay for this and the ins. co is going for it.

proof.... you want proof...... u can't handle the proof
Attached Thumbnails '07 megacab went up in flames-im000809.jpg   '07 megacab went up in flames-im000811.jpg  
Old 04-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Banned

i hope he gets a new truck and not that one rebuilt. it will never be right...

brett
Old 04-05-2007, 12:13 PM

i see it's an automatic...hmm...why is the seatbelt tied to the steering wheel?

better hope he gets a brand new truck and not just his truck repaired..there's got to be some kind of metal distortion with all that heat....

5.9 or 6.7?

4x4?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Banned

the seat belt is probably tied to keep the wheels straight when pulling it onto a rollback wrecker or by a regular wrecker. most likely a 5.9

brett
Old 04-05-2007, 01:03 PM

fake wood trim on a 2007 SLT? something not right there... that looks like a 2006... anybody?

My 2007 SLT has the aluminum color bezel around the radio and the doors...

of course original poster pretty much registered and wrote this thread... not surprising... probably a troll....

NEXT!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:43 PM

There is more to this story , repo then Are Still Hittin is bank for payment ???
2+2=5 Here !

Quick Reply: '07 megacab went up in flames