3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

07.5 6.7 Brake controller harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07.5 6.7 Brake controller harness

Can't seem to find the harness for the brake controller on the 07.5. I've searched the threads and found out where it is on all the other trucks but haven't found anything for mine, unfortunately. I'm hoping someone has the same setup I have and can tell me where my brake controller harness is. I've practically pulled the dash apart looking for the thing and haven't found anything that resembles a place to hook up it up to.

I went to the Prodigy site and got the wiring diagram for Dodge's, but there's nothing that is close to what they're listing for my truck. Not sure if it's because the truck is too new and Tekonsha hasn't updated their site or what's going on, but there's no information as to where to hook up this controller. This is getting pretty frustrating, to say the least. I've written Tekonsha and haven't gotten an answer back. Hopefully the guru's here can give some insight.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:03 PM

Mine is under the left side of the dash, directly behind the parking brake.
It is a blue connector that is clipped into the retangular black box that it is sitting on top of. I ended up breaking the plastic tab off so that I could get to the connector to plug it up. It wired right up to the tekonsha dodge harness that I purchased with the brake controller.
Hope this helps.
By the way, my truck is an 07.5 3500 DRW

Last edited by jshcnmt; 10-18-2007 at 07:05 PM. Reason: updated truck info
Old 10-18-2007, 07:14 PM

mine was a pain in the you know what to find. I asked and kept searching. Took me about 2 hours to find it. Mine (and most others) are directly in front of the parking break. There is a big white or black box that has a whole bunch of wires running to it, right in front of parking brake. My wiring harness was taped to the back (front towards truck) left side of it where i couldnt see it. I had to run my hand around the back of it to finally find it. My hand would hardly fit...

Its very hard to describe. But its right in between the parking brake and the firewall.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:41 PM

Got it

Yeah, I see it!! That helps a bunch. The only thing that's really puzzling me is how Tekonsha came up with their wiring description that they did. None of the wire colors match up at all with what they say the do. I realized a couple of hours ago that I was sent the wrong harness, so that aided in my confusion. I'm guessing the GM harness doesn't work so well on a Dodge!! At least the company will be sending me out a new priority mail.