3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

06 over mirror gauges

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 over mirror gauges

has any one installed over the mirror gauge pod on a 06 looking to install 4 gauges any pictures?
Old 04-30-2006, 05:02 PM

I think that pod is more of a universal mount, and I have only seen it in 3 gauges, not 4

hope this helps
Old 04-30-2006, 09:11 PM

I've only ever seen three gauge pods for there...

IMO i wouldn't want them over the mirror, too hard to see...
Old 05-02-2006, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just finished installing a two gauge pod over the rear view mirror, looks & works great. Pyro & transmission gauge. I could get some pictures of that if you want. I could take pictures tonight and post it tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:57 PM

Picture in my gallery of the three gauge pod. I like it fwiw.

Ken
Old 05-02-2006, 06:27 PM

Looks good, where did you pick it up from? did you do the install?

Originally Posted by converteddzlr
Picture in my gallery of the three gauge pod. I like it fwiw.

Ken
Old 05-03-2006, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Foxborough
I just finished installing a two gauge pod over the rear view mirror, looks & works great. Pyro & transmission gauge. I could get some pictures of that if you want. I could take pictures tonight and post it tomorrow.
I have not seen the 2 gauge pod yet.

If you could post some picks that would be great!

Thanks
Old 05-03-2006, 02:38 PM

I put two pictures of my 2 gauge overhead in my gallery. One at night and one in the day. I like the looks. Dieselmanor for the kit. I used Massdiesel for the transmission line. Both great places. I had a problem with the transmission line (leaked a little) . They said I mounted it wrong (I do not believe that but did'nt rule it out ). But he sent me another one just the same, it's in and all is great. Things happen sometimes.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:05 PM

Beaumont man, I ordered it out of the states (Tennessee) from DPP I think was the place (Mark Craig was the guy) and had it shipped but the UPS guys killed me on the brokerage fees!! My dealer actually did the install, but only because I din't have the time at the time and they had the truck in the shop so what the heck!

I do prefer the location above the mirror and have to move mine over slightly so that the visor doesnt' block them when it's down.

By the way, welcome to the board! Always nice to see more Alberta boys around!

Ken
Old 05-03-2006, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by converteddzlr
By the way, welcome to the board! Always nice to see more Alberta boys around!

Ken

Thanx,...I just got a quote for about $600 installed at the dealership,..they're doing one tomorrow, I'll have to swing by and check it out in person
Old 05-04-2006, 08:00 AM

Im envious of you having a dealer that would put the whole sysyem in. My closest dealer said they could'nt install the gauges for legal reasons. So installed it myself. I had a problem with a small leak and no time to fix it. So went to a different dealer, The place in Janesville, Wisconsin have a great place there. They installed my Massdiesel transmision line and had some good information, very helpfull. It is great working with good "grounded" people.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the three guage over the mirror and LOVE it. They make a 2,3,and 4 guage pod.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by B-MAN
Thanx,...I just got a quote for about $600 installed at the dealership,..they're doing one tomorrow, I'll have to swing by and check it out in person
B-MAN....i would go too the diesel shop in edmonton(not sure if i can use the name or not) too have it done personally!! They quoted me 550 for 3 guages installed!! I am sure if you actually went in there they would cut more of a deal!
Old 05-04-2006, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by ramtd02
B-MAN....i would go too the diesel shop in edmonton(not sure if i can use the name or not) too have it done personally!! They quoted me 550 for 3 guages installed!! I am sure if you actually went in there they would cut more of a deal!
Thanx, I know the shop you are talking about if it's the one on the far north side...I'll check them out when and if I ever get a day off
Old 05-04-2006, 09:50 PM
FMB

Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Loved them in cool weather!

I had a 3-guage pod above my mirror last year at this time. The location is perfect for viewing cause I'm always looking at the rearview mirror anyway. The guages are tilted towards the driver.

We left CA and drove up to AK and back, took 6 weeks to go about 10K miles. Not a single problem with pod or guages even though we went as far North as Coldfoot (read that as lots of frost heaves and pot holes).

But, vacation has to end and we came back to CA and the warm weather. The first week it hit the 90's, the pod sagged and came down. I was using the Xtra Heavy Duty plastic sticum stuff that wouldn't come off (it did anyway).

A call to Geno's and they said they have had some issues and sent me more sticum (like plastic velcro). That lasted till the next hot days. Geno's took care of me and sent me an A-Pilar 3-guage pod.

It looks ok, I guess. Not my favorite place for guages. If I were to do it over, I might put them under the HVAC controls as some others have done. But, I don't look down there all the time either.