3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

'06 going the dealer for warranty work, am I missing anything else?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

OK, 1st learing curve: ALWAYS TALK TO THE TECH WORKING ON YOUR RIG, DEMAND IT!!

The program for the dome lights is still not working. They do not know why and tell me it is going to be a week or so before they hear from DC. They said they may think the PCM is reading the program minutes as 1/10's of a second instead of actual seconds.

New Problem: Death Wobble the other day. Truck only has 4800 miles on it. I put a leveling kit on 3000 miles ago, and never aligned it, it drove fine with tire wear to a minimum. I had felt slight shimmy lately and figured OK, I need to get this aligned whenever. Anyway, there is a TSB on the front dampner, and tie-rods etc. They were going to order me a new dampner.

Told them to do an alignment and make sure to add max caster. Get the truck back two days later, and guess what, it pulls to the right and steering wheel is crooked. Took back today and they put it on the rack right away. I asked to talk to the tech, and they said sure. So I went to the techs work station and he did not know there was any shimmy, TSB etc. He said the SW just told him to do an alignment, and it was in spec and did not touch caster (tech did not know I requested that since I did not talk to him the first time). Long story short, I watched him do the alignment, we (I requested) put in a little over (.2) caster from spec, readjusted the toe, adjusted the steering wheel, and guess what, the truck drives great (has a slight road crown pull) and the shimmy is gone!! On top of that, they are giving me my $$ back from the alignment, and the tech is going to reschedule and install an eccentric ball joint to and new dampner and get this truck back to perfect.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0628 code

Does the 04 Dodge have a mechanical lift pump? Electric In-Tank? Or is that code the injector pump?