3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

05- 2500 Turning Radius

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05- 2500 Turning Radius

Anyone Out there running the 4.5 inch Fabtech Lift with the Dual Shock Set-up, that mounts to their upper Shock Hoop Mount system that ties in at the Top of the Coil Mount Area?
Anyhow I am trying to see what is the demise of my Turning ability it's no-where near my past 3- Ram-2500's ability. I am only Running Pro-comp 17-inch by 8-Wide Wheels with 305' Sized Pro-comp Extreme All- terrain Tires, which are roughly just a little smaller then 33---12:50 sized Tires I believe.
Anyhow I do Not see Any Contact point when Turning the Wheel either Way.
I am wondering I the previous owner when Fabtech Kit was installed Did not Up-grade or use the Proper or Correct ( Pitman Arm ) as when viewing it I could see if it were shaped differant could provide more better turning ability, is the only thing I could think of, although from others I have herd that this was the only complaint to Fabtech about the Lift Kit, As most other systems have it to where the Shock Goes Through the Center of the Coil Spring -un-like my system, which I think provides an over-all better Ride then the ones that go through the Coil Spring, But the Turning radius is suppressed. It's strange to Try and Locate what causing it as you just Do not See Any Early Contact Points-- And Seems Like One Could Resolve it With a Modified Pitman Arm?

Has Anyone? Out their had experince in dealing with this. It's Bumming me out as that is One of the ( Joys ) of my Ram-2500 Cumming Trucks is there Great Turning Ability VS GMC / CHEV / Ford.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
with the dual shocks up front, the steering stop is adjusted out so the tires do not make contact with the shocks. get rid of the second shock and turn the stop back to stock and you will be back to normal. mine with 39.5" tires still turns sharper than fords and chebys