3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

% star attitude

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 star attitude

Well, I just dropped my truck off at the dealer again. P0514 code so i gave them the TSB #. My leather steerin wheel is flaking apart at 15k miles, Intermittent reverse lights and I asked for a plastic clip that holds the AC line to the left of the radiator cap.

Well, I was told the following:
With no check engine light my truck was not throwing a code that meant anything. So, no TSB would be done unless I wanted to pay for it and to clear the code.

BEcause I routed the radiator Overflow hose wrong they would not give me a clip. So, I asked " Do you have an 05 with a stick I can look at?" I will route the hose my self so you won't charge me for that. He says go to bay 2. And low and behold it was routed the same way as mine. So, I don't know if I am going to have to pay for the clip. The clip that is loose is on the AC line that was causing my dash rattle WHICH i brought the truck to them 2 times and they never found!

If my reverse lights worked while in the shop they would make no repairs. I said politely do you think I am making this &$&% up! They do not work half the time.

My leather steering wheel is flaking and was told that is because I do not take care of my truck. I know this service writer and he knows me. He is an excellent individual away from DODGE. I told him I take care of my truck the same way I take care of my bike. Well, What i use on my bike isn't as GOOD as the Dodge cleaner and conditioner and because it was not Dodge cleaner & Conditioner my steering wheel probably won't be fixed.

OH and they are going to check my computer for a chip or downloader due to my gauges and AEM BRute Force. I was also told the AEM will probably void my warranty by itself.

My response was, Please provide me with the filter information from Dodge and I will supply AEM's documents. If AEM's is in inferior I will take the lick. His question to me was and I quote, " Where did you find the information from Dodge when I tried to void the warranty on your 2003?" Do you think I answered him? Not likely.!

AND I AIN'T GOT NO CHIP OR DOWNLOADER YET! SO, I HOPE THEY COME UP WITH SOME BS!

BECAUSE IF THEY DO I WILL USE A CORPORATE LAWYER OUT OF HOUSTON!

I am fired up The Saints lost yesterday, I interviewed some LACKY, and then this Edited By Moderator dealer!

What a way to start the week?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Reb,
I had the same problem with my steering wheel, at the top of it, 12 o'clock position. They replaced mine 3x with no complaint. I feel for you. My dealer is pretty good most of the time.

Good luck. I feel for you...
Old 01-22-2007, 10:52 AM

wow, i use no cleaners or conditioners on mine, i have over 100k Kilometers (65k miles) and it is close to the day I bought it. But I think I would be looking to talk to another dealer

Kevin
Old 01-22-2007, 10:59 AM

Find another dealership to deal with regarding your warranty issues. Write a letter to DC, send it return receipt so you can prove it WAS delivered to them.

DC did send out memos to dealerships regarding aftermarket parts causing problems, the dealerships are just taking it literally and suspecting everyone and everything, then poking YOU with it stupidly.

Your aftermarket air intake and your gauges are why the Moss-Mag Act exists and is enforced, take the time to gently remind them in writing. If this is where you bought your truck, I would have a talk with the owner regarding all of this, AND, if that got me nowhere I would do everything I could do to get one of their 4-stars taken away, if not all of them. WE ALL should be doing whatever we have to do to get DC to recognize that we are being given tons of headaches from the dealerships because of their memo. They need to clarify its contents AND they need to buck up to their engineering errors that are causing us owners or our fellow owners problems.

CD
Old 01-22-2007, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by CD in NM
Find another dealership to deal with regarding your warranty issues. Write a letter to DC, send it return receipt so you can prove it WAS delivered to them.

DC did send out memos to dealerships regarding aftermarket parts causing problems, the dealerships are just taking it literally and suspecting everyone and everything, then poking YOU with it stupidly.
CD
I have never bought a truck from this dealership. When I was looking at purchasing an 06 I did some shopping via e-mail in HOuston. I got 2 deals in writing and all I would have to do is sign the papers. I brought these quotes to this dealer. I said meet these prices 1/2 way trade in and sell price and i will buy from you. They laughed in my face and said drive to Houston and the price will change. So, we are not dropping the price or raising the trade. I took a 3 day long weekend to Houston and Katy with no intent of buying a truck. Just a vacation. I drove on a dealers lot and found this brand new 05. I saved $10k between sale price and trade in differences. No way was I going to take a $10k hit to use a local dealer.

There are only 3 dealers near here that have decent techs. One only takes cash and isn't a five star also they have no shuttle service to my job about 30 miles away. The 2nd one told me that they have trouble with there diesel techs and please bring it to the dealer I am bringing it to now(this dealer did some awesome work on my 360 gasser). The dealer is less than 2 miles from office and 4 miles from my house. You would think after seeing me in 3 different Dodges since 2003 they would be willing to get MY money in their dealership.

This being said because I am on a vehicle allowance I trade in vehicles when the tax man tells me to. It is ashame to say that my next one will NOT LIKELY be a DODGE.
So if DC is reading this, Please tell your dealers that in some cases the customer is RIGHT. I still find it hard to believe they would not warranty a $5 plastic clip and argue that I routed hoses wrong. I still say the loopty loop is wrong and funky but I put it exactly like it was. You should have seen his face when he saw the other truck was routed the same way

On a side note, As a service writer or tech I would be happy to see customers that gave me bulletin numbers and trouble codes. Even if the customer was wrong at least you know he cares about his vehicle. It is just some hunk of junk someone is trashing.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:39 PM

Well, I got a phone call.

The plastic clip they have to order!
The steering wheel they have to order but I will have to bring my truck in when a Dodge rep is in to get approval.
The TSB they did.

And they say my reverse lights work all the time.
i told them again do you think I am making this UP! Sit there and put it in reverse from 5th to reverse or 1st to reverse 10 or 15 times and it will fail 1/2 of those times. Still waiting on my phone call!
Why do they have to be so Rude and difficult? Why would I lie about a reverse sensor???
Old 01-22-2007, 02:24 PM

reb0957,

In the past I have had much better luck with dealers by keeping my composure. Someone is in charge. Ask to speak to that person, usually either the GM or the owner. Explain your troubles to them. Seek out their assistance. Try and make them feel as if they are in power and you are trying to get them to help you. 9 times out of 10 this will work. I know when you are having a bad time this is extremely difficult to accomplish. Just remember in the back of your mind all that is important is you get your truck that is under warranty fixed for free and fixed correctly with the minimum amount of effort required on your part. I would also document what was said, the time it was said and the person saying it. Should you seek legal recourse, this will be very valuable. I know that is not what you want to hear at the moment, but try it, it may work. Good luck and we feel for you.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:23 PM

The GM is the one who refused to meet the Houston prices half way before I got lucky and found the 2005 sitting on a lot. I know my horrible service is because my Truck says (dealer where bought) & not (local dealer) on the name plate! I have been calling for the last 45 minutes and have yet to get a return phone call. I know they will call 4:45 to say they can not duplicate complaint. It happens everytime!

If I get hit or damage my truck while backing up I am contemplating suing them. My wife is the one who pointed out the reverse lights weren't working after she almost hit me when I was moving the truck in and out of the garage doing some maintenance.

I even tried to buy a USED 2006 from them and they still wanted more than the HOuston prices and they were down right rude. Actually they were obnoxious!

I really wish one of the dealers would stand above the rest. But they are all pretty Horrible. I had awesome service the few times
Old 01-22-2007, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe you could debadge your truck. Give it that clean look. Then they wouldn't see the Houston sticker. I guess I am lucky my local dealer doesn't sell diesels. They only get them because they have too. then they sit their forever. They have a red cab & chasis sitting their for months and a loaded mega cab. Thats it 2 diesels and they don't move. Other than that all Hemi's and most of them 1500's. So they never care about me and my diesel I bought else where. I asked for 6 months about a used diesel. They had nothing. They just kept trying to sell me a plow truck they really didn't want to sell. An 04 reg cab Hemi with a Fisher with 36k on it for 28k. WOW what a deal!!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:17 PM

I now believe wholeheartedly DC or at least some dealers read these sites. When I got to the dealership, I went to claim my truck and the service writer had held my keys. He came to talk to me personally and apologized for busting my chops. He said even though they could not make the reverse lights fail they ordered the switch anyway. He also said he pulled the records from my 03 and he had found the paperwork I had received from cummins about the effficiency of their air filters. HE said he does HOw much I know about my vehicle and I would not do anything unsuitable.
WOW What a change in attitude. They have to read these sites.

BTW I got in my truck backed up tpt their white building and the reverse lights only worked 1/2 the time. So, I walked back in grabbed him and said look they aren;t working.

He then stated, " He doesn't doubt me, He just has to have the switch in a failed position for DC to fix."
Old 01-22-2007, 07:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i think you over estimate the ability of a huge Corporation like DC to reach out and touch a specific service writer / manager.

i think it is like Stock 99 CTD said - someone there finally got their thinking cap on & decided they were losing too many sales because their service department is so hateful to deal with.

glad you are getting it fixed.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by 04ctd
i think you over estimate the ability of a huge Corporation like DC to reach out and touch a specific service writer / manager.

i think it is like Stock 99 CTD said - someone there finally got their thinking cap on & decided they were losing too many sales because their service department is so hateful to deal with.

glad you are getting it fixed.
Well, it was 2 completely different attitudes from the same guy in one day!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:52 PM

Hey reb0957.

GLAD to hear that you are going to get your switch fixed. I hope the same follows suit for your other problems. Take a pic of the steering wheel and leave it for the DC guy to see, maybe it will save you another trip to the dealership other than FIX day.

You may be right regarding someone reading these threads and taking an action to straighten out a dealer that is out of line. With today's internet we ALL have the ability to reach out to tons of other owners AND also prospective owners. If DC or any of the dealerships think we do not have POWER as owners and buyers, they need to think again, because we DO.

My local dealership gave me some static about my gauges, insinuated I had installed 'other stuff', etc. I just quietly, in a somewhat forceful manner told them that I had been reading about a ton of problems with fuel pump failures, CP3 failures, rail problems, etc and was taking NO CHANCES on my 50K $$$'s of investment having a major problem that might be more easily diagnosed or prevented by GOOD monitoring with good equipment that probably should have been a factory accessory and available at the time I ordered my truck. I also told them to GET OVER them because they in no way would be contributors to the causes of the currently existing engineering flaws. I also told them they would have to GET OVER the 2-micron fuel filter and the 2nd oil filter bypass I planned on installing as I saw them as more preventative aftermarket equipment.

Somewhere along the line it is US who is paying the bill anyway. A percentage of our purchase price has a value toward warrnaty repair, you can bet on that. I am always pleasant, amenable, and agreeable, but I will not beg to get what should be covered under the warranty and taken care of in a timely manner.

CD
Old 01-22-2007, 09:45 PM

This may sound really dumb but it worked for me...

If you go down to the county hall of records and licenses you can find out the name of the owner of the dealership...

Back around 1983 I had a dodge D50 and the timing chains went out.. they refused warranty...

I Said OK and got an estimate for the repair and took my truck home. Went down and filed in small claims against the OWNER of the dealership (not the dealership).. this means that they have to appear personally... paid the Sheriff the 25.00 to serve it (included in the claim).

The same day the owner received the summons he called me personally.. I told him my problem and he tried to bully me and tell me to drop the case and sue the dealer.. Told him sorry.. you own it so I'm suing you and hung up on him. He called right back and asked what I wanted.. told him to fix my truck under warranty.. he told me OK.. drop the suit and I'll fix it.. I told him fix the truck before the court day and I'll drop the suit..

Damm if my truck was not done and under warranty before the court day.. I went into court and told the judge that it had been resolved and thanked him for his time.. (I showed up just in case the owner tried to go in and win the case by default and then try to collect on me)..

Had I sued the dealer then there would have just been a bunch of lawyers involved.. by suing the OWNER personally he has to take care of it personally.. lawyers are not allowed in private small claims actions.. unless one of the parties are a corporation.

Gerry