3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

$$$ for right rear fender

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$$$ for right rear fender

I just called the DC dealer in Florida to ask for a price of a right rear fender for my long box ram 2500 (2003)

The parts guy said the fender is 1363$ ?????? yikes

I just need the outer panel only ,its just a 8 ft long piece sheet metal,it must be a miscommunication or so ,or I,m getting old .....

Can anyone here tell me where I can find those fenders cheaper ,or is this just a normal price ?

Aftermarket is fine by me ,if those are better in price ,or do I better go oem because of poor quality ?

thanks guys

sterling
Old 09-05-2007, 12:39 PM
EDR

I recently had to have the right rear (outer) panel replaced on my 2006 short bed and the body shop charged my insurance company $780.00 for the part. Since it seems that everything costs more here in Vegas, it sounds like your quote is high to me.

Have you checked any of the on line Dodge OEM parts dealers?
Here's one in Oregon and they're charging ~$590 for the part:MoparPartsAmerica.com

Finally, if I had had more time, I would like to have bought a complete bed, since there always seems to be a few being sold as take-offs when they've been converted to flats beds, etc. and most that I did come across were the long beds.

My shop did a great job on the panel replacement, so I'm happy, but time will tell as to how well the paint holds up.

Good luck!
Old 09-05-2007, 03:24 PM

Ok ,this is a better price ,it still is pricey ,but 900$ is better than 1363$

Do you think I can find a shop like that in south Florida ?

I was looking for an aftermarket fender ,but could not find any.

What sort price were the long box beds that you saw for sale ?

thanks Sterling
Old 09-05-2007, 05:46 PM
EDR

On some of the OEM parts I've bought, I've been able to get my local dealer to match the price found on the internet, especially if it's another automobile dealer, but others times they've just said "sorry."

The best I could offer would be to do a search on this site, as well as an internet search, for Dodge parts and look for dealers close by or even a dealer that will ship at reduced rates. Some of these bigger places will ship your items for free if you spend enough. I've also seen numerous ads for OEM parts in the back of auto magazines (Motortrend, 4Wheeler, Car & Driver, etc.) and I've bought parts through them in the past at wholesale prices, so you may want to check them as well.

As far as the beds, I've seen them listed for $500 and up, and I've seen them on eBay and on Craigslist.

Another idea I had was to locate a flat bed manufacturer, they might be able to sell you a take off bed, or get you in touch with someone that sells the beds removed when they've been converted to a flatbed. I know they're out there, I just didn't find one at a price that would work for me.

Good luck
Old 09-05-2007, 06:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here are a few sites that I have used in the past to find the parts I have needed.

www.makeitmopar.com
www.partstrain.com
www.lmctruck.com
www.car-part.com
Old 09-05-2007, 06:13 PM
EDR

I did a quick serch on ebay and only found older model and dually beds for sale.

There's a white 07 long bed for sale in Miami on Craigs list, here's the link: Miami Craigslist