3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Does DTR sell the H&S mini max WITH a pyrometer connection?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 08:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Does DTR sell the H&S mini max WITH a pyrometer connection?

I can't find it on there store anywhere.....am I blind?

Also, I have an 08 megacab I just purchased and want to delete everything. I'm new to 6.7's

I'm going to buy the mini max.

What else do I or should I buy?

Stuff like:

DPF delete
EGR delete
Boost fooler?....not too sure about this one

Should I get a turbo back exhaust when I do all this? If so, which ones should I look at? 4" or 5" and which brands?
Old 07-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
We have them but H&S no longer sells with the pyro. You have to order the one without and then order the pyro kit that goes with it.

I can help you with all of that and will sell at the lowest prices allowed by the manufacturers so you can still have a warranty if something breaks

Call toll free 877-376-1956 9-5 Eastern and I can walk you through it
Old 07-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I can walk you through it with my unbelievably beautiful LEGGS
Ahem, Elder Twin, I fixed it for you.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a gotcha on the the pyro hookup. The instructions for the tuner talk about some separate hook up box that should be in the kit but is no longer included. The instructions for the pyro probe itself say to use the egr temp probe pickup from the intake that can be disconnected after deletes are done. They may have updated these in the two weeks since I did my install.

Gotcha #2 :The buttons on the mini maxx are touch buttons, there is no tactile feedback or click of any sort. I though I got some kind of goofy nonfunctional display model until I plugged it in.

For dpf delete, any delete pipe or full exhaust will work. I used a 5" turbo back with no muffler, and exhaust noise is not bad. There is a slight drone for about 300 RPMs around 2200. My exhaust company was H&S, and the assembly was easier than most of the lego kits I messed with years ago. I broke the v-band clamp bolt on the turbo, but a spare from the clamps on the EGR recirc tube worked fine.

For EGR delete, there are many available, but I went with a Sinister kit. The instructions were poor at best, but it is fairly straightforward, and the sinister kit does not block coolant flow from the back of the head. The easy explanation for the install is to remove most of the coolant from the radiator, then remove things from the engine until it looks like a 12v with two holes in the exhaust manifold and one large one in the top of the intake.

The H&S pyro threaded neatly into the #6 plate for the exhaust header.

I didn't see anything on auto or stick in your truck, but heads up: We are running the tuner on the highest setting, and can easily slip the clutch. Until the new dual disc is installed, it is more of "rolling into" the throttle and not so much "pressing" the throttle.

Best of luck on the deletes, and talk to Lary on ordering parts. He took care of me on getting the order shipped out and handled in a hurry and helped me out on the discrepancy in the instructions. I didn't read the pyro manual at first, just kind of freaked when the hook up box wasn't in the kit.

Last edited by jstone44720; 07-16-2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-17-2012, 01:15 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I second giving lary a call at 877-375-1956. He can help you with what you need and to keep your truck alive and in good shape.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2