3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

XZT problem and fuzzy answers from QUAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XZT problem and fuzzy answers from QUAD

I bought an xzt two weeks ago, when I installed it before hooking up the tps tap I checked the flash (green orange orange) which I assumed to be old flash from what the manual said. So I call quad and ask if I need to hook up the tps they reply "if your harness has it use it". So I do and man it made my truck pull really hard down low.

Three days later I give it a little full throttle burst and when I let off for the corner it continues on its own at full throttle. So I shut the engine off, restart and it idled fine but the pedal would not increase engine speed( tried this twice) so then I unhooked the tps tap and it has ran fine ever since.But with significant less low end.

So I get home call Quad and tell them my situation they tell me that I already have the new flash, that my truck makes the same power with tap unhooked and that I should cut the tap wire off the harness where it leaves the loom. So my understanding is from what I read in their manual, what they told me previously, and what I have read on this site is that they have fed me a line of crap! Is this so in your opinions? Everyone brags on their customer service I am very skeptical.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:42 PM

Keep the faith.... I'm down right now, too. I'm sending my module & harness
in per Jeremys instructions. I don't know of ANYONE who Quadzilla has left hanging. You'll be the first, if it happens.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:55 PM

They didn't tell me to send it in. Just cut the tap wire off and be happy with what I've got, that's not good customer service in my book. I don't know for sure but it looks like they are lying about which flash is "new" and which is "old" as per what I have read in their manuals and on here.

The reason I bought Quad is because everyone on here seems to have little trouble and pleased with customer service. **** my luck, I loose on both counts!
Old 04-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Banned

please give them a call and a chance. call and talk to Roark, that is who I deal with in tech support, he is straightfoward and helpful, i have no complaints.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by hllbllyhellion
I bought an xzt two weeks ago, when I installed it before hooking up the tps tap I checked the flash (green orange orange) which I assumed to be old flash from what the manual said. So I call quad and ask if I need to hook up the tps they reply "if your harness has it use it". So I do and man it made my truck pull really hard down low.

Three days later I give it a little full throttle burst and when I let off for the corner it continues on its own at full throttle. So I shut the engine off, restart and it idled fine but the pedal would not increase engine speed( tried this twice) so then I unhooked the tps tap and it has ran fine ever since.But with significant less low end.

So I get home call Quad and tell them my situation they tell me that I already have the new flash, that my truck makes the same power with tap unhooked and that I should cut the tap wire off the harness where it leaves the loom. So my understanding is from what I read in their manual, what they told me previously, and what I have read on this site is that they have fed me a line of crap! Is this so in your opinions? Everyone brags on their customer service I am very skeptical.

No, no, no. Don't cut the wire off.

I will send you a pm after this to find out who you talked to. I cannot imagine anyone in tech telling you that so maybe the phones were backed up and someone else was trying to help out? No excuse, but that is a bad answer.

Second off, please don't post that you talked to me and I told you some junk like that. I wished I could talk to everyone that called in, but that would be physically impossible with everything else I do in a day. I know you did not really direct that at me personally, but it sort of looks like you talked to me.

First off it sounds exactly like you don't have the latest flash. The line going to the TPS sounds like it is sucking voltage of of the TPS sensor. That can and will cause a dead pedal. You should also have a 2121 or 2122 code stored in the ECM if this happened. It most likely won't have a CEL, but it should have a soft code that will go away. So that is the problem.

Unfortunately the fix is a reflash at minimum. Your module will work fine the way it is, but the bottom end and actually some of the top end will not be there. You also will most likely not get the fuel mileage because we are not going to advance timing very much.

Ok, so that is the problem and the fix, I will pm you and I will personally take care of you from here on out. I may use a person to communicate on the phone as far as a return number and such, but I will take care of everything.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by koogala
Keep the faith.... I'm down right now, too. I'm sending my module & harness
in per Jeremys instructions. I don't know of ANYONE who Quadzilla has left hanging. You'll be the first, if it happens.
I have noticed that you mentioned your box was down in a couple of places. It may have only been a day or two, but it seems like longer to me for some reason.

Is there a probelm I can handle or fix? From your profile it looks like you are in TX so the turn time should be immediate if you sent it in.

No big deal, just trying to figure out if the hold up is on our end.

Quad
Old 04-08-2006, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Is there a probelm I can handle or fix? From your profile it looks like you are in TX so the turn time should be immediate if you sent it in.

No big deal, just trying to figure out if the hold up is on our end.

Quad
Appriciate the note,Quad. No, its just me. Haven't gotten under there to pull
it all yet. The hold up is here on my end. I had one of my "Smaller"" friends get
under there when I first got the box (What I mean is under the dash) I'm 6"3,400 lbs. & floorboards are getting smaller.... I'll get it this week-end while its nice & cool outside. You should have it this coming week.

Quad...... You're too good to be real!...You just blow me away w/cust. svc!
Old 04-08-2006, 10:33 PM

Qzilla, I didn't say I talked to you. I said "I called Quad" (as in short for Quadzilla) and someone did tell me some "junk like that". I don't know how it looks like I talked to you personally but for any misconceptions I appologize.

I hope we can get my problem resolved, I really liked the performance of my truck after installing the xzt.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by hllbllyhellion
Qzilla, I didn't say I talked to you. I said "I called Quad" (as in short for Quadzilla) and someone did tell me some "junk like that". I don't know how it looks like I talked to you personally but for any misconceptions I appologize.

I hope we can get my problem resolved, I really liked the performance of my truck after installing the xzt.

Yeah, I believe someone told you that, it is just unbelievable. We are gonna talk about it in the morning too!

I know you weren't saying anything about me directly. It looks like you spoke with me cause my name is QUAD. No big deal anyhow, just did not want the people around here thinking I went looney!

I got your pm and we will figure out whatever the issue is.

Quad
Old 08-06-2006, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla

First off it sounds exactly like you don't have the latest flash. The line going to the TPS sounds like it is sucking voltage of of the TPS sensor. That can and will cause a dead pedal. You should also have a 2121 or 2122 code stored in the ECM if this happened. It most likely won't have a CEL, but it should have a soft code that will go away. So that is the problem.

Unfortunately the fix is a reflash at minimum. Your module will work fine the way it is, but the bottom end and actually some of the top end will not be there. You also will most likely not get the fuel mileage because we are not going to advance timing very much.

Ok, so that is the problem and the fix, I will pm you and I will personally take care of you from here on out. I may use a person to communicate on the phone as far as a return number and such, but I will take care of everything.

I have the BDTD and am getting the same codes (2121/2122) and dead pedal, my mileage has also dropped around 3-4 points. When you said reflash does that mean from the dealer? If so how do i go about having them reflash? I am still under warranty.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:55 AM

Im having a few issuses wth there 100Hp box too...But mine are different...but the responce from there Tech dept.--you have an updated box is thier answer? I got the same responce too...You have a very serious problem..and you should of been told to send the box back for Quailty control testing....
Old 08-07-2006, 09:34 AM

I have the latest flash(well, latest as of about 2-3 months ago) on my 05, and was told I did not need to hook up the TPS wire, is that right?
Old 08-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by neverenough
I have the BDTD and am getting the same codes (2121/2122) and dead pedal, my mileage has also dropped around 3-4 points. When you said reflash does that mean from the dealer? If so how do i go about having them reflash? I am still under warranty.
The flash thay are speaking of is the latest update for the Quadzilla product, not something you can get from a Dodge Dealer.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:04 AM

On the 05 CTD there is no TPS ,there is the Pedal position sensor ..located on top of the pedal.....
Old 08-07-2006, 10:38 AM

Quad,
So let me ask a question - how do I know if I have the latest flash/version? I recently purchased the xzt module which seems to work just fine except my mpg dropped from 18 mpg around town to 16.9 mpg and from 19.89 mpg at 70 mph highway to 17.53 mpg at 70 mph (all hand calculated- 2 seperate tanks of fuel). I haven't tried removing the module and running 2 tanks through to see if the mpg goes back up and I haven't tested towing my 11k trailer with it yet. I have been especially alert not to hotdog it with the module so I could get some good mpg numbers. What gives? Any ideas would be welcome. By the way the improved power seems to be there and I haven't popped any codes.

Quick Reply: XZT problem and fuzzy answers from QUAD