3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

XZT Finally Installed, My Trucks No longer a Virgin

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XZT Finally Installed, My Trucks No longer a Virgin

I put it off for months; well I finally installed my XZT tow box tonight. (I know, I know Pauly, I’m a slacker) It probably needs an update by now.(?)
I do notice the extra power in the mid range from what little testing runs I could make up and down the local streets.
I also noticed, or think I do?, a little more: “Rattle" when I mash the go pedal. The rattle seems to come only at certain rpms and just how much pressure I put on the pedal.
Sure can see where this extra power could get addicting .
I didn’t have any trouble at all installing it. No codes or glitches so far. The only thing I wasn’t sure of was the MAP wiring. I already had the Commander wired and I remembered where I read about the splice wire needing to be installed on the plug that was going into the engine, so I removed the splice from that plug, taped it up and reinstalled it on the XZT wiring loom. I guess that’s the rite thing to do????

At any rate, I think I’m going to like this thing. I bet it will give me everything I’m looking for in extra power for towing my 5th wheel trailer up the steeper hills. (14,500lbs).
The only thing I’m worried about now is any EGT gains, but other than that, this thing ROCKS
Old 05-30-2007, 10:27 PM

Funny, I am getting ready to do the exact same thing. I don't have the Commander yet (backordered for 2 weeks) but I have my Smarty already. Do you know if I have to set my ECM back to Stock before adding the XZT?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:35 PM

Sorry Harley, I can't answer that. I'm sure somebody will.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:38 AM

I noticed today on the way to work that my water temp gauge was acting a little strange. Does this have anything to do with the EZT install??
Truck run's awesome, but I just noticed the water temp going to 0 then to 70 then back to regular 185ish on my Commander.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:43 AM

Your connection at the temp sensor is loose. Make sure when you tap it you don't spin the tap or it makes it have a loose connection.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:52 AM

BTW, you shouldnt have any egt issues with the tow box, I run my quad race full out most of the time, and it would take a big trailor or something to get it close. Run it hard!
Old 05-31-2007, 02:06 PM

Thanks qzilla I'll check that connection.
I can't wait to hook up the 5th wheel and try the 5 frwy Grapevine grade now.