3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Xzillerator 2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you guys just going through the Quadzilla install wizard? (the one that comes up when you click on the logo) You should also go through a "windows install wizard". If you have not done this it will not work.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:08 AM

ya went thru the quad wizzard and the new hardware wizard,the corect driver did get installed,checked in device manager and the driver is from the system32 folder,chatted with quads tech and hes loking into a uninstall for the quad program and then install it again maybe,as of now theres no uninstall for it and it doesnt show up in add and remove programs,i dont want to go into the registry{eeeeeek}
Old 11-19-2007, 05:29 PM

I am having the same problem. Installed it on a laptop and PC. Both running XP Professional. Both having the same problem.
I know the module is being seen. If I run the upgrade first, it looks and looks until I plug in the module. Then it gets an "Invalid Module" message. And a Net.Framework error. I have reinstalled Net.Framwork so I know that is right. Jeremy was supposed to talk to the engineers today. Hopefully there will be a solution!
Brian
Old 11-19-2007, 06:45 PM

I am having the same problem.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:14 PM

Also talked to Jeremy today, went through all I had already done. Driver was uninstalled and reinstalled also got invalid module. They also were to let me know what to do. Sure looks like this is going to be a problem.......
Old 11-19-2007, 10:09 PM

its a weird thing,i took my module to my dads place and pluged it into his xp machine and downloaded the program and it worked instantly,i was so glad my module is ok,i got the mpg tune to load but it still wont work on my laptop at home,i checked in device manager on my dads machine and the driver is the same so its not a driver issue,i deleted the program and installed it again and again,same thing,i think its a issue with the port the program sees.i kinda had the same problem with my diablo tuner,it wouldnt see it till i pluged it into a certain port,of course i tried all the ports but maybe theres a sequence,any one have any luck yet?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:44 PM

I had this same problem on mine before and had Roark walk me through the troubleshoot. I had downloaded the MPG file and .net framework, but couldn't get it to recognize the module "invalid" or something like that. I wish that I could remember the exact sequence of events to fix it and get it to go, but as best as I can say I basically deleted everything that I had downloaded previously and re-downloaded the .net framework and the tune that I wanted. Then clicked on the X2info icon from MyDocuments. When that pulled up I ran it and the box comes up on the screen with the Quadzilla logo on the right side and on the left side there is the "Get info from module" box. If I remember this right you have to click on the logo and another box will come up which will set up the USB port and walk you throught the plug and unplug sequence to download the driver out of the X2. Once that was complete then I could run the "Get info from Module" and it would recognize the X2. After that I was then able to download the new tune. I don't know if this will help you guys out or not, but this is the best shot I can throw at it.

Wood
Old 11-19-2007, 10:50 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think there is a problem with some of the new operating systems....like Vista I think it was called. Works with all the older windows programs, just not Vista. Last I heard they were working on it though.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:03 AM

I think it's an USB port issue. Laptops USB and front USB ports tend not to have as much power going through them as the rear ports. Having said that, all computers are built differently.
I said that I had the same problem with the laptop and the desktop PC, but I had used the front ports on the desktop. Last night I tried the rear ports, and all worked perfectly!
Some USB hard drives are like that. To go through the front ports, or laptop you need to use an external power supply. But not on all laptops or front ports. The same hard drive will work without extra power in the rear ports.
The thing I noticed was I kept hearing the connect/disconnect "ding".
I think this thing needs more power from the USB ports then available.

Just my 2 cents!

Brian
Old 11-21-2007, 10:30 AM

you could be on to somthing there,my diablo only worked on a certain port but it had its own power supply,where do you look to see which version of the netframework you have?i found it ssomwhere but cant find it any more,when you update the frame work does it automatically start working,i had version 1.1 and ive updated to version 3.5,every thing seemed to install but i want to know where to look to make sure,maybe thats the problem,i read up on the new version and it talked about usb conectivity and stuff.maybe this is the issue.ill try to update the module later.