3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Xzillaraider XZT and Rokktech

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xzillaraider XZT and Rokktech

Does anyone run this combination or know if it will work together. I have a XZT box on my truck and was thinking about adding the Rokktech sensor. The Rokktech web site says it works with all the Quadzilla boxes but from my understanding the XZT box does have some timing built in. I was hoping someone is running this combo that could tell me for sure it does work fine.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:58 PM

I am curious as well. I have the sensor but am considering the XZT.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:35 PM

which box are you talking about,the 100hp box or the xzt tow box??i run the tow box with the tone ring mod.excellent bang fer the buck..kinda backwards from everything ive had before,the tow box must start fueling up in rpms a bit.not alot of smoke driving regular,but when you let it start revving on out,,it really heaves some smoke then...the tow box just does boost fooling and pressure,it has no data port hook-up........and my truck is back up to 18mpg average everyday driving with the 35`s and 3.73 gears...i had lost between 1 to 1.5 mpg with the 35`s before doing the two mods.........bama
Old 11-15-2005, 07:43 PM

ok call me stupid,I cant find any info on rokktech, what is the website for rokktech
Old 11-15-2005, 08:07 PM

Heck, I run the Quad Race box and did the tone ring mod, which essentially does the same thing but for free, and I have had no problems. Unless you call more bottom end power a problem....
The only thing I've seen is that when the truck is cold it will rattle a bit more even with the box turned off.....
Old 11-15-2005, 09:25 PM

I too am thinking of the Quadzilla XZT module and the tone ring mod, or at least once I figure out how to do it. Sounds to me like the XZT pulls hard and the tone ring mod helps low end and maybe mileage. Not a bad combination and affordable.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:57 PM

I have the XZT, the Rokktech and I did the tone ring mod, too much timing. Now I removed the Rocktech and it seems perfect. With the XZT and the tone ring I agree with bama more low end torque and it lightens up the smoke a lot. Now I have to day with big intake and my straightpipe and driving like my grandma, I got 25.4 on my last tank full. I like timing!

I want Quad to make an electronic timing box to hook up to my XZT and give me a timing dial. I'll swing by there after work again and see if he'll let me in the back room to see what they are working on.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:11 PM

I agree, I have the XZT and did the tone ring mod. There was a major difference in low end power. I also noticed more noise at idle when engine is cold, but definately a difference in low end power. Highly recommended mod.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:45 AM

Let's make it official, from Rokktech they say it will work with the box. I emailed them yesterday and they responded last night that the two will work together. I have to do some more research on the sensor but will probably end up ordering one before the end of the year.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 03quadduallyho
I have the XZT, the Rokktech and I did the tone ring mod, too much timing. Now I removed the Rocktech and it seems perfect. With the XZT and the tone ring I agree with bama more low end torque and it lightens up the smoke a lot. Now I have to day with big intake and my straightpipe and driving like my grandma, I got 25.4 on my last tank full. I like timing!

I want Quad to make an electronic timing box to hook up to my XZT and give me a timing dial. I'll swing by there after work again and see if he'll let me in the back room to see what they are working on.
Let us know what you find at Quadzilla. Especially if the timing box is in beta test.

MikeyB
Old 11-16-2005, 11:08 AM

I put the XZT on a few weeks ago, but haven't had any real opportunity to get actual milage numbers. The fuel gauge did seem to drop more slowly than before the XZT. I installed the Rokktech a few days after the XZT, and for some reason the gauge dropped like a rock from 1/4 tank down. I pulled the Rokktech off, and put the stock back on and decided to test it later.
I have a couple long trips planned in December to TN, so I plan on going down and back with the XZT, and then the following week I'll put the Rokktech back in and do the same trip.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by candndelivery
ok call me stupid,I cant find any info on rokktech, what is the website for rokktech

http://www.rokktech.com/_mgxroot/page_10429.html