3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Xzillaraider or TST

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xzillaraider or TST

Sorry I cheesed out and put this in the wrong forum! Myabe a moderator can move it.

I'm considering uprgading my EZ and was pretty set on the Quad race box because of the price and all the good comments about it. I've always been a little leary of the TST because of my lack of self control and the setting of codes. I'm not interested in anything with a monitor or any fancy gauges so the Juice/Attitude is out of the equation. I said I was pretty set on the race Quad up until I read some posts by Don M. about damaged injectors using pressure boxes and I know that the Quad box uses some pressure. I've been using a 1/2 quart of 2 stroke oil and power service in each tank of fuel so I don't know if that would help the injectors last with a pressure box. No plans for an upgraded turbo or trans for a while or until something breaks. I figure $200 more for the TST W/out gauges and no pressure might be worth it in the long run but I wont be able to use much of TST's power. Is the TST smooth like what people are saying about the Xzilla? This will be my daily driver with a trip to the dragstrip to see what she'll do.

C'mon guys chime in.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why did you rule out the Juice/Attitude?? It is a simple plug in. If you dont want the EGT gauge, then dont install it. It is timing/duration, no pressure. Much milder than the TST and still will give you adjustable settings and monitoring.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:23 AM

I believe you loose the top two power settings on the Juice if you don't have the Attitude.

All these boxes: decisions, decisons.....
Old 03-30-2005, 10:05 AM

I don't think the Xzillaraider raises the pressure as high as the EZ on the top level. I am sure it will be fine for the long run. The TST is a nice box too and you could always stack it with your EZ if you ever want more power
Old 03-30-2005, 11:07 AM

I just put in my standard Quad box last night (**** its little). It is very smooth. I remember my 02 w/ comp box and all my buddies trucks I've driven 03 w/ edge EZ, 04 w/ Bully Dog, 05 w/ TST and a 05 w/juice attitude. You can feel that these boxes are a bit more aggressive down low, even at idle they sounded beefier. My quad box idled smoother, didn't kick in until 2000 rpm's and didn't have that surge surge surge feeling. Don't get me wrong you know its there its just alot smoother than the other boxes. Comparing my EGT's and Boost (extended WOT 100hp level 1100 degrees 32-35lbs boost) I know my EGT numbers were lower than my friends trucks and they all have gauges intake etc....the 03 even had a KSB1-2-03 turbo(#6 injector went bad 2 months ago). I wasn't going to go with a box either(same fears as alot of people) but I feel this box performs really good for the money and didn't have that scary feeling that the Bully Dog and TST had on the higher levels. The Bully Dog on extreme made my friends truck shake bad!Not for me. If you can demo some boxes do it, I think if you try the Quad you'll feel safe.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:15 AM

TST
Old 03-30-2005, 11:25 AM

2 votes for TST

very controllable with a little common sense
very versatile
very powerfull when needed
very smooth power

some trucks throw codes, some dont

I would definately give it a trial period at least

Im not a pressure fan
Old 03-30-2005, 01:56 PM

TST.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:08 PM

TST
Old 03-30-2005, 02:25 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mild to moderate pressure enhancement is a good way to increase power output, if it is applied wisely and does not seem to show any damage long term I would not be concerned with mild increases at all.

If maximum power output is wanted, get the TST box!

Don~
Old 03-30-2005, 03:16 PM

What would be a good level to run the EZ on for all the time without worrying about the pressure hurting my injectors and everything else with the truck? Thanks everyone
Old 03-30-2005, 03:56 PM

I have been told not to go above level 2 on the EZ; when I had my injectors upgraded by Don M I had 2 injectors that needed to be re worked because of damage caused by my pressure box, and my truck had only 36k on it. Mike
Old 03-30-2005, 04:06 PM

TST
Old 03-30-2005, 04:10 PM

Quad Race Xilla'
Old 03-30-2005, 05:16 PM

You guys are great, thanks for all the responses. Would the TST dash control module reach under the center front seat to keep away from prying eyes? (mainly the wifes) Monroe mentioned that the Quad box does'nt kick in until 2000 rpm's, does that mean it doesn't help low end. How is the TST leaving a stop light on normal accell? Does it add some bottom end without giving it alot of pedal (like my truck needs just to keep up with traffic)? Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Xzillaraider or TST