3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Xcelerator Question??? Suggestions welcome!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xcelerator Question??? Suggestions welcome!!!

I have the tst pmcr stacked with the xcelerator hot. At WOT when my rpms go over 2500, my boost drops from around 53psi to about 42psi. Once it shifts and the rpms go to around 2000 rpm it comes right back up to 53psi untill the rpms reach 2500 again then it drops. Same thing through all the gears. Im running the xcelerator on the highest setting and the tst on 2/1. Im asuming the drop in boost is from the excelerator defueling(correct me if im wrong) I was wondering if that is a good thing or bad thing and how to remove it if it is bad. I cant see where I would need the defueling with a beefed up tranny but i could be wrong. Do I need to get rid of the xcelerator and get the smarty and mp-8? Suggestions please!!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:58 AM

Anyone have any experience with this stack?
Old 11-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Chapter President

Standard turbo stuff. Once the turbo catches up and burns off the fuel your boost naturally drops somewhat.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:35 PM

No i dont think thats the problem im having. PPE says that they defuel so i was just wondering if theres away around the defueling at higher rpms
Old 11-21-2006, 06:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I could send you a demo smarty to test. It will be headed north from arizona in a bout a week. let me know
Old 11-21-2006, 06:49 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No MP8 with a modded pump. Bad juju.

Sounds like too much duration.

Do you have a rail pressure gage?
Old 11-21-2006, 06:53 PM

Just the one on the tst pmcr, it stays around 17000 when its doing this. No mp-8 with a modded cp3 huh???
Old 11-21-2006, 07:13 PM
DTR Advertiser

The voltage values written into the pressure boxes were for stock CP3's that produce much less pressure and volume.

I have seen the stress firsthand these past few weeks the MP8 and modded pumps have on the injectors.

Mild pressure is best or nothing at all for daily driving. No injector will last forever with the pressure values that are being produced with the modded pump and pressure boxes combined.

New maps in the pressure boxes need to be optimized for the modded CP3's. Not the box or pump manufacturers fault at all. Just too much when combined.

Once you drop rail pressure past about 18K, EGT will climb.

Again, I think the stack has too much duration. You may invest in a Dleno rail gage and tune a combo with it using other programmers.

Dual pumps are in your future if you want more HP. But be careful with rail pressure. I can tell ya that the dual pumps with the F3's can make enough power to destroy parts in short order. I promise, the dual pump trucks once tuned for MAX power will be spitting out all kinds of stuff without careful and moderate use.

Don~
Old 11-21-2006, 07:41 PM

Moderate use of the MP-8 with modded pumps to dial in 25k rail pressure seems to make sense to me. The modded pump will not make more than what the FCA tells it too. IF there is only a stock signal going to it...it will only make 24k max all day long...modded pump ot not. I don't see the problem with making a few more psi...

25k maintained WOT with as much duration, timing, and 'injector volume" seems to be the ticket IMHO. Keep the reief valve seated...but get as close as possible. It may only take 5-25% of the MP-8...

My guess the boost drop is that you have exceeded your capacity of your rail/cp3 and are dropping pressure/hp.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:43 PM

Not to step on your toes Don...if I am wrong..let me know. I seem to get less smoke..lower egts and more power at a constant 25k than 20k. Maybe it is injector dependant? Ready to make me some Flux's?
Old 11-21-2006, 07:51 PM

makes sense why my egts are running hotter cause sometimes the rail pressure does go below 15k, so what programmers would you reccomend with the tst? Or would i be better going with f2s? Dual cp3s have crossed my mind a time or three, but dont know if i want to spit out parts again! Already dropped 10Gs into this motor sleeving the block and rebuilding it.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:53 PM

I dont have a relief valve, was replaced with the dual feed line.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:56 PM

I was speaking more generically about the relief valve...
Old 11-21-2006, 07:59 PM
DTR Advertiser

Originally Posted by cquestad
Not to step on your toes Don...if I am wrong..let me know. I seem to get less smoke..lower egts and more power at a constant 25k than 20k. Maybe it is injector dependant? Ready to make me some Flux's?
No, I agree. 25K is better than 20K for smoke and heat control. The downward turn seems to begin about 18K for us.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:07 PM

The voltage values written into the pressure boxes were for stock CP3's that produce much less pressure and volume.

I have seen the stress firsthand these past few weeks the MP8 and modded pumps have on the injectors.
With a modded CP3 I can only use up to 30-40% on the MP8 before the high rail pressure alarm goes off on my SPA gauge. This is also with 90 HP injectors.

For S & G I turned the MP8 to 100%, with no other electronic modules on, and just cruising around town at part throttle I would set off the high rail pressure alarm. Actually, I could look at the throttle pedal and it would set off the alarm.

Quick Reply: Xcelerator Question??? Suggestions welcome!!!