3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

wow, what a diferance...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trik396
Something doesn't sound right... Are you sure it's spraying correctly and at high enough pressure? Straight water alone gave me some hp.
My pump is up and it only comes on at 22psi and then ramos up to 30 to full spray. It also does nothing for egts on my motor yet. Will get stage 2 Floor It then see.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gus's 03
found some msds sheets -20 blue fluid is 33% meth.
per snow, the higher h2o concentrations are actualy worse than high concentrations of meth.
also they state you wont hear detination from meth, only from the h2o causeing quench.

I think they may be quoting positions for gas engines and not necessarily diesels. Big difference.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RamNu2
My pump is up and it only comes on at 22psi and then ramos up to 30 to full spray. It also does nothing for egts on my motor yet. Will get stage 2 Floor It then see.
Sounds like you might have a clogged nozzle or something. I would pull the nozzles and turn the system on to make sure it's atomizing and not dripping.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:13 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

per snow, the higher h2o concentrations are actually worse than high concentrations of meth.
also they state you wont hear detonation from meth, only from the h2o causing quench.
My friend came over in the summer and said "Lets go for a ride. You wont believe this thing" He was running a 50/50 mix in a 97 12v. Felt like a kick in the pants big time. 2 weeks later we were pulling the head to replace the gasket. There was no piston damage, but the gasket was blown between 3-4 and 5-6. I cant guarantee this caused it, but it scares me.

Get a bottle of this stuff. http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=5
I ran a bottle of it in my DevilsOwn injection on the Cobalt and it made a huge difference. The wideband did not know what was going on and it fried the cat.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sure that'll make your engine scream.... it's got nitromethane in it... Ever stand next to a top fuel dragster? My hearing is compromised from years of standing at the starting line next to those fuelers. Awesome power... but can you say, "BANG!"...
Old 01-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Banned

If you want to mix your own (that's the ONLY way I would do it) try to find a race shop nearby. I was getting 5gal buckets of pure methanol for $20-25. Mix that with distilled water and you can try whatever mixtures you want...and it won't have all the extra crap that washer fluid has.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:46 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by trik396
Sure that'll make your engine scream.... it's got nitromethane in it... Ever stand next to a top fuel dragster? My hearing is compromised from years of standing at the starting line next to those fuelers. Awesome power... but can you say, "BANG!"...
Thats the good stuff. It makes my eyes water thinking about it

Top fuelers are amazing. They shake your eyeballs in your head and all you see is fuzz racing down the track. I go every year to Maple Grove to watch them run.

I agree with Jrussell about mixing your own. The rotors in my supercharger and my intake are permanantly blue from cheap washer fluid. There is a very wide range of percentages they can use and I am sure they arent very consistent when making the blue juice.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:04 AM

The only metanol I use is enough to keep the tank from freezing up...five gallons of water to 1 gallon of -40 washer fluid...It is good till about -10 degrees C. Methanol is bad for your truck...when it is flowed full bore into the intake....water is controllable....If you need more fueling...add diesel. KS
Old 01-04-2008, 10:22 AM

I run a 50/50 mix at the track and the rest of the time I run 20-30 for better cooling/safer... 65psi boost and the addition of water/meth was finally the killer for my stock HG... No issues now though
Old 01-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
per snow, the higher h2o concentrations are actualy worse than high concentrations of meth.
also they state you wont hear detination from meth, only from the h2o causeing quench.
---------------------------
Gus:

I can guarantee you that if I mix ANY methanol with my straight distilled water that you WILL hear detonation on my 96' Dodge CTD 12 valve!
I would be happy to take anybody for a ride in the truck to prove it too. I highly respect Snow Performance and actually had one of their earlier systems in my 12 valve at one time, but with the fuel and twins I have now, along with the high "static" timing on my P-7100 fuel pump/engine the Snow System could no longer deliver the amount of water I need to keep my engine cool.
I now have Scheid's 500 psi water pump, with five (5) nozzles machined right into the cylinder head and that system definitely gets the job done for me!

As I said in my earlier post, I cannot run high concentrations of methanol with my water,... in fact I have stopped putting any methanol in my water injection system at all.

DTR Member "matego" also brought up a good point in his post on his friends 97' 12 valve. I still believe that the water injection systems work differently on the variable timed Dodge CTD Pickups like the 24 valve VP-44 trucks and the CR trucks versus those that are used on the older 12 valves like mine.

--------
John_P