3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Wow, pretty awesome! Questions though?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
qzilla,

Did not think I had muddied any water. I stated I did not know if his XZT could control boost level. It sounded like he was only making 22-24lbs of boost which sounds like stock level. Someone stated the device did boost fooling. If the device does boost fooling and boost level control it sounds like he just needs to adjust the boost level. If there is no way to adjust the boost level in the XZT he will need some type of regulater to mechanically adjust his boost level to increase it. Nothing more.. Sounded like he needed/wanted more boost than what he was getting out of the device.

If you know what he needs to do to increase his boost please explain what is need to make more than 22lbs of boost using the XZT device? I would like to know.
Thanks, Jeff

prkiller,
I believe the plastic tank were 2005 until sometime in 2006 then they went back to metal ends after warranty on to many vehicles. up until 2004.5 they were always metal ends.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by JP-4.5
qzilla,

Did not think I had muddied any water. I stated I did not know if his XZT could control boost level. It sounded like he was only making 22-24lbs of boost which sounds like stock level. Someone stated the device did boost fooling. If the device does boost fooling and boost level control it sounds like he just needs to adjust the boost level. If there is no way to adjust the boost level in the XZT he will need some type of regulater to mechanically adjust his boost level to increase it. Nothing more.. Sounded like he needed/wanted more boost than what he was getting out of the device.

If you know what he needs to do to increase his boost please explain what is need to make more than 22lbs of boost using the XZT device? I would like to know.
Thanks, Jeff

prkiller,
I believe the plastic tank were 2005 until sometime in 2006 then they went back to metal ends after warranty on to many vehicles. up until 2004.5 they were always metal ends.
Everything you said would be perfectly fine if you would just READ.

The reason he is seeing stock boost levels with a module that does boost fooling is because he has a 2003-2004 truck which has a MECHANICALLY OPERATED WASTEGATE.

I spent a great deal of time explain this on a level that a kindergardener could understand several posts back.

If he had a 2004.5 truck like you then he would not need anything else.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that other than being called a Cummins the 2003-2004 trucks are not the same as 2004.5-2007 trucks??

I cannot tell you how many times a day I see people with a 04.5-07 truck give terrible advise and information to a person with a 2003-2004 truck. They are different.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:39 PM

To sumerize?

Originally Posted by qzilla

The reason he is seeing stock boost levels with a module that does boost fooling is because he has a 2003-2004 truck which has a MECHANICALLY OPERATED WASTEGATE.

I spent a great deal of time explain this on a level that a kindergardener could understand several posts back.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that other than being called a Cummins the 2003-2004 trucks are not the same as 2004.5-2007 trucks??

I cannot tell you how many times a day I see people with a 04.5-07 truck give terrible advise and information to a person with a 2003-2004 truck. They are different.
Quad's boxes, XZT, Standard, Race all do boost fooling. No need to add anything.

04.5 and up do not need the boost elbow, because the "box" is taking care of this issue electronically.

04.5 and up can use the boost elbow to increase "real" boost and the Quad "boxes" will cover with boost fooling so there won't be any fault codes?

If you have a plastic charge air cooler, don't run too much boost. Like over 42lbs? or you'll blow the ends.

Quad good.....fire bad.

Hey, Quad, thanks again.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:49 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by qzilla

qzilla,
Thanks for the freindly reply... It was MACMAN I had responded to which does have a 2004.5. Someone stated he could not use a boost elbow because of the electronic wastegate. I think the answer was correct to MacMan as his last post clearly states that configuration.

What would be great to know is on a 2004.5-2007 using any of the boxes. Can a boost level be set from Commander or XZT or is a elbow needed to set a desired boost level? You say an elbow is not needed on these years but what boost level should you then see?

I am fairly sure I did not give bad advise as I state if they have an electronic wastegate. You have a Great Labor day and try and smile a little more. Maybe someone will smile back...
Old 09-03-2007, 01:45 PM

If you have something like the Commander you can set de-fueling limits for boost.

Basically what happens is that with boost fooling you basically just keep the wastegate closed. So then the turbo is 11% governed by fuel as to how much boost it will make.
So if you de-fuel it and you have less fuel you will make less boost.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by MacMan
04.5 and up can use the boost elbow to increase "real" boost and the Quad "boxes" will cover with boost fooling so there won't be any fault codes?

Don't think this is correct. The turbo's with electrically controlled waste gates have no provisions for a "boost elbow". It's all controlled by the computer.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
Don't think this is correct. The turbo's with electrically controlled waste gates have no provisions for a "boost elbow". It's all controlled by the computer.
Kinda think'en that, but thought there might be something out there I didn't know 'bout it.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:38 PM

We all need to pitch in and get Qzilla a beer and a female companion for the night..... With all the answers he has to re-and-re-and-re-answer the guy will never get past the posts to get the new Quad-2 box out.....