3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Winter blues

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winter blues

Well the white season is about here in ohio i only have a few weeks left. The salt here in ohio is brutal So i'm going to store my truck for the winter. The only few things I could think of to do is put a cover over it and put jack stands under it to prevent flat spots on the rubber. and i'm alos getting a battery tender so I don't kill my batteries. other than that can any one of you guys give me any suggestions as far as maintaining the truck and storing it correctly. I'm also worried about the fuel gelling up. Do you know where I can get a truck cover for a QCSB. At least it will be in a garage. any suugestions for winterizing?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah....move South. The only salt we have is the salt from the spray from the ocean.....and around the rim of a margarita!

Oh yeah, we have better college football teams, too (Zook used Southern style football to beat OSU over the weekend).

It's all good.

You are doing the right things.... The only thing is what to do with the fuel. It might satar growing stuff in the tank.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:38 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you have all the bases covered. The battery tender is a great idea, it's the slow, long discharges that kill battery life.

I would just add some Power Service (white bottle). Probably wouldn't hurt to run it once or twice over the winter to get the juices flowing, just make sure you get it up to operating temps, otherwise you are doing more harm than good.